Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello All, I have a very basic query on Collision Domain and Full Duplex Mode. There are two types of logical topology ; Ethernet and Token Ring . Whenever we read about Ethernet the first thing that we are taught is CSMA/CD. It says that in Ethern...

We have cisco router and after checking the log I saw this message: pam_aaa:authentication failed from <ipaddress> -sshd[2909]  pam_aaa:authentication failed from <ipaddress> -sshd[2913] pam_aaa:authentication failed from <ipaddress> -sshd[3158] I w...

Dears, I have a 3750-X switch with LAN base license, i see the stack ports are down i tried to upgrade the IOS switch but still no luck, how i can know if the cables are faulty, what else are the chances for these port to not come up.when i reload th...

adamgibs7 by Level 6
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dears, as it is mentioned in the below link  that while entering the peer switch command it behaves like one switch by which command i can see the same bridge ID ???? as if now when i can see the show spanning-tree vlan X it shows me core2 as a root ...

adamgibs7 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello, I cannot reach 8.8.8.8 base on source ip address 192.168.207.0 network using policy base route map and I have the next hop to 192.168.0.2 which is the core switch. from the core I can ping 8.8.8.8 fine because it has the default route to 192....

I have a known working SFP and C3850-NM-1G, known working connection..  We recently installed the new 3850 switch as our core at one of our buildings to replace a 3750.  When connecting the SFP, I am not getting a connection light on the port.  We in...

Hi and thanks in advance, I have a 2960XR that will act as a layer 3 router for multiple VLAN's. The 2960 XR has an EtherChannel to another switch that has the VLAN's with the physical devices connected. I don't have any physical ports on the 2960XR...

Hello, I have a home lab that consists of 2 3550's and 1 1841 router. I'm learning about VLANs and trunking, and how to configure them. I've included a topology of the exact network that I've build to give you a better understanding of what i'm tryin...

mixa152 by Level 1
  • 37 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes