Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I am having a problem configuring a 2901 with a 100/100 Ethernet circuit. The router can get out and ping externally, but my clients cannot.. The clients can ping the routers WAN interface, but unable to ping the provider gateway.. Provider =...

hi, I did not find my answers in the document, as I understnad that IRDP: Specified in RFC 1256, this is a legacy FHRP solution. IRDP allows IPv4 hosts to locate routers that provide IPv4 connectivity to other (nonlocal) IP networks we use to do th...

I have a problem with IP Multicast Setup The Setup: Because the layer2 segment between the both routers doesn't support PIM-snooping, I have to build a GRE tunnel between the both routers. C3650 is the rendezvous point (autorp). Over the GRE Tunnel i...

On one of our 2960s we see rps allarm: DCOut  State   Connected  Priority  BackingUp  WillBackup  Portname        SW#-----  ------- ---------  --------  ---------  ----------  --------------- ---    1  Active  No                6  No         No      ...

Hi I want to configure autoqos, and I have seen different ways to configure it. My network consists of access layer 2960x switches, core layer 3850 switches and then has a point to point to another site using a vlan running over a trunk and also a po...

Resolved! QOS and AutoQos

Hi I have not deployed QOS before so had a few questions regarding it. I am deploying a new site consisting of a tiered model using a core and access switches. I want to deploy QOS. I am using 2960x access switches with 3850 core switches. We have mu...

Hi The frame length of an Ethernet-II frame isn't specified in the frame itself, but determined by the IFG (Inter Frame Gap) in 10Base-T. Does a store and forward switch now have to go through the whole frame again to check the FCS? Or can it calcula...

Hi @all  6 Month ago we changed your switches from 2960 to 2960x. The 2960x are connected as a stack with max 6 switches and a uplink of 2*10GBit Etherchannel. Since we changed the hardware we have the issue that at the access ports have output drops...

MarioLieb by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello, Our CISCO 7609 which is using WS-SUP32-GE-3B (ios : 12.2(33)SRD4 ) has detected a crash and automatically reloaded while I was donig 'no address-family' and 'no ip vrf' job. I opend a case and the CISCO Tac gave me an answer that I am hitting ...

Hi, I have DCHP server configured on Cisco 6506-E switch with supervision module VS-SUP2T-10G. It will only provide DHCP to the clients in the specified VRF. I had do some research at the forum and found that below config need to add as part of work ...

yappsyduck by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I want to reduce the amount of syslog messages going to a syslog server for 802.1x, MAB and authentication messages from our switches and have seen the commands: no authentication logging verbose no dot1x logging verbose no mab logging verbose...

Let me start by saying that I realize I am missing something basic. And fully expect the bombastic to respond in character. That said.   Network is a follows. Core switch = three stacked 3750x 48 6 other switching closets that are connected via fiber...

gsuggs by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Let me start by saying that I realize I am missing something basic. And fully expect the bombastic to respond in character. That said.   Network is a follows. Core switch = three stacked 3750x 48 6 other switching closets that are connected via fiber...

gsuggs by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have cisco ME3600X-24FS-M  running a metro IP access image (me360x-universalk9-mz.122-52.EY4). there is need to enable NAT services on the device but i discovered that it has limited NAT functionality. It has no support for STATIC NAT and NAT POOL....