Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi everyone,I have about 6 cisco switches connected in a network that I have been asked to take over. The switches just have the basic initial setup with an ip address assigned to vlan 1 on each switch. The switches have a total of 40 cameras on them...

don.bunt by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My network infrastructure is set up with several 3750-Xs as my switch stack. From there I have several satellite 3650 switches that connect back to the core via two fiber pairs set up as a port channel. To manage my switches I have a separate managem...

On our 6509 router (12.2(18)SXF16), I have built a vlan with a simple /24 subnet. Currently, it has only 1 workstation and thus 1 IP used in the /24 besides the gateway. A packet sniffer shows the router sending ARP requests for the IP addresses not ...

rschmid01 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a way to have a switch or router display the last login information after a user authenticates? for example (config)# ssh username@x.x.x.x username's password:Last login: Sat Jul 26 11:07:23 2008 from y.y.y.y

hines2593 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello all- i have a cisco 2811 i dont know the password that was set previously i was able to reset the router password, and gained access to it, but how do I reset the password on the service module?  Any assistance would be appreciated it.   thanks...

alexa by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,On our network we have an issue with one switch. It continues given us the following message:%IP_SNMP-3-SOCKET: can't open UDP socketUnable to open socket on port 161 I've tried to found a solution but I only found the following explanation...

I need to migrate devices off of 110v and move them over to 208v. I was wondering if there would be any risk moving one side to 208v while the other is still connected to 110v on the Nexus 7 and 5K switches, or would it be best to take down the devic...

Hi guys, i'm troubleshooting multicast issue, so i used some cli Tools to debug. for now, i used mstat to see what about the path, and i found that there is 100% loss on a router. so i used the mrinfo command to see if there is a problem with Neighbo...

I know how to put limitations on privilege levels on the network devices themselves. But we have a Cisco ACS that is integrated with AD for access. I haven't ventured too deep into AD yet, but i'm wondering if there is a simple way I can give my help...

jhager001 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everbody,I have a problem with malfunctioning fan in cisco router 1800series. After random time stops working. But I cant find any diagnostic to identify where can be problem. Thank you for any help...have a nice day. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card