Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have 2 point to point links from 2 different ISP's for the purpose of connecting to our data center from our office. We would like to configure a failover scenario using these two P2P links.I have been trying with the sTP method but for some reaso...

VAbr AVib by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we have upgraded image on cisco 6509 to 151-1.SY1 from 151-1.SY last week , and we have deleted the 151-1.SY image from the switch , but every day we are getting below alert message Dec  5 09:20:55: %PFREDUN-SW1-4-BOOTSTRING_INVALID: The bootfile s2t...

Hi,We have 45xx switch & we enabled spanning tree root guard on ports connected with access switch via fiber uplink& we enable spanning tree loop guard on access switch sideOne of my core switch port connected to Juniper Netscreen F...

We have two sides we have configured iBGP between the two sides and there are same VRF's working on both sides , for which we want communication to work also there are few static routes and ospf  on each vrf . on each sides . when we configure mp-bgp...

Hi,         Hi, I cannot upgrade my cisco ios to cz7200-adventerprisek9-mz.152-4.S1.image and not able to find out where the cisco ios is stored on my gns3.I have tried commands like "sh file systems" and "dir all-filesystems" but doesn't give me t...

Hello experts,need a clarification regarding this DHCP manual binding example on Cisco 1802 router. My question is will this manual binding configuration work? or will we have a problem because the manual binding is overlapping with the excluded rang...

I am trying to bring up a trunk between a 3750G stack and (2) Nexus 3048. The uplinks on the 3048's are using 1gig MM SFP. The ports on the 3750 stack are configured as a port channel. I have checked the SFPs, they are valid. I had swapped out fiber ...

conley851 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In My environment, there is a stact between 3750G and 3650G with port channel, now one port of the port channel group was down, below is output. please help to give a solution!!! Thanks! (The MAC is from wireless Card of laptop, so I guess this was c...

imwang168 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybodyI hope you are doing fine.    I really miss this forum that taught me so much .(Very busy with new job)Please consider the following scenario:sarah1#show versionCisco Internetwork Operating System SoftwareIOS (tm) s72033_rp Software (s720...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am working for a voice project now. Unfortunately the PoE feature is not working in my switch Module.When I connect to my cisco IP phone, it doesn't provide the power.What will be the cause? Do I need to configure for PoE?Appreciate your Help...

Andrewkai by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a 3550 switch configured with vlans. I tried to apply a standard access list to one of the switch ethernet interfaces, however it would not let me.Is it normal behaviour that if your switch has vlans configued, then you cannot apply ACL...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm working on a project where I need my layer 3 switch to handle all the interVLAN routing and DHCPAnd all the internet and traffic to the corporate office needs to hit the router.I have the router setup as 10.255.255.1 --> then a port on the switch...

ALIAOF_ by Level 6
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3845 router with two 3750 etherswitch modules installed.   One of the switch modules has no IOS so it's stuck at the switch: prompt.   Anyone know where I can find any documentation on the commands that are available to me?   For instance, s...

cobra188d by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes