Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello again,I have a very simple setup containing 3 C2960S switches:switch 1:  central switch, acting as router between VLAN 1 en VLAN 2switch 2+3: edge switches, connected via 1 link to central switch, both on VLAN 2Clients connect to switch 2 and 3...

Hi I have cisco 881 and configured with http access, but when i try to open in browser it's shows blank page. Is the Cisco 881 supports GUI ?Regards,Nilesh

Hi All,I have configured a PC for WOL on port 9 in 2 different floors, unfortunately one is working and other is not. I have verified the ACL's which in the entire path, none of them is blocking the pakets to reach WOL server.I need few clarification...

I am designing the network backbone for our campus. Attached the diagram for reference.Before i complete the design phase, please verify this network design and let me know if anybody has any comments.

VAbr AVib by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,i have problem with queue limit on ME3400 switch. With this release ( http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3400e/software/release/12.2_58_ex/release/notes/ol24334.html#wp89394 )queue limit is increased from 544 to 4272. I have load...

Hi all,for output-scheduling on a LAN Switch which qos-mapping (cos-mapping or dscp-mapping) is preferred? or necessary?If I had a misconfiguration, for example:mls qos srr-queue output cos-map queue 1 threshold 1 0mls qos srr-queue output dscp-map q...

w.kujadt by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all, I'm posting for question about mtu issue. almost ethernet(fast/gigia/ten-giga...) uses 1500bytes of mtu. as you know, mtu is a maxium size which router/switch can send for outgoing direction.(or onward)  so mtu is not a thing about receiving ...

Ray Han by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, can you explain me meaning of "unallocated" lines in this output: core#show platform hardware acl statistics utilization brief CAM Utilization Statistics--------------------------                           Used          Free         Total        ...

Hi,We are seeing below SNMP traps from our Nexus device....{            'RFC1213-MIB::ifType.436391936' => {                                                 'value' => 'gigabitEthernet'                                               },            'dat...

deshaw by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hii have usually heard that IPv6 resolved the problem of broadcasthowever today i read that the "neighbor discovery" ICMP message replaced the ARP requestbut this "neighbor discovery" is using the multicast as destination addressand if i m not wrong ...

ohassairi by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I have packet loss with QoS configured and I was wondering is it somehow connected with the QoS configured on the switch.The traffic is passing through fa0/19 and gi0/1 interfaces.mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 24 32 46 48 56mls qos srr-queue in...