Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

we have about 900 employees within 30 departments and are working to segment the LAN. Our largest department is 75 users. Does it pay to create all 24bit subnets per department or subent it out further on Catalayst 4510R-E w/SUP6 in the core. Any adv...

Hi all.In route-map, while redistribution or distribute list, when i was configuring the metric, i came across this paramter,Router(config)#route-map testRouter(config-route-map)#set metric ? +/-<metric>     Add or subtract metric  <0-4294967295>  M...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi guys,I am just trying to get a conceptual understanding here. At my workplace, there is a network cable on my desk. When I get to work, I connect this network cable to my laptop. My laptop now has an IP address. I am trying to figure out how it go...

i recently setup a 2xCisco 3750 using the stackwise cable, but i found  out that the 2nd connection is now showing up. what could be the reason ?when i reload the member stack, it shows up as provisioned. Switch Ports Model              SW Version  ...

yeow_km by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to setup a port channel from a 2960G to a 3750G and I'm getting (Not connect) on the 3750 when I do a sho int Po1 command.  It shows connected on the 2960.  When I do a sho eth sum on each device things look good both ends show that they a...

Hello!Actually we have a little problem. We have 2 6509 (Switch1 and Switch2) running on 12.2.(33) SXI. Both switches has the same modules inside (look at the show module output). We try to form a portchannel with 2x 10GB over slot 1 and slot 3. We w...

Hello guys,somebody knows what is the minimun switch (talking about level of complex) to connect it to a access point controller 4402 (4 12 APs) ?can be a 2960 LAN lite?The problem is the low budget to the proyect.

Is it at all possible to disable the mode button on front of switch? Or any ideas as far as boot parameters to configure help load a config. file when the mode button has been held for 10 seconds and reinitilize NVRAM and losing startup-config file. ...

grpsis222 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to discuss Catalyst 6500 Series switches with Cisco expert Jeff Raymond. Jeff is a Technical Marketing Engineer for the Catalyst 6500 Series of switches...

Can anyone tell me why a laptop with MAC 000c.f13f.230e wouldn't pick up the DHCP info from this pool?ip dhcp pool bad   host 172.16.24.123 255.255.255.0   hardware-address 000c.f13f.230e   default-router 1.1.1.1

jasonww04 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.Somebody knows if there is a problem with the 3560E doing the policy base marking or I am doing something bad in the following configuration:=====8021q======>(marking and PBR------VLAN INTERFACE-------)>=======PORT-CHANNEL3=========> TENGIGA 0/1--...

p.diaz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I am trying to establish what model of Cisco 4948 I have. Whether it's the the standard WS-C4948, WS-C4948-S or the WS-C4948-E. The "show ver" lists the model as WS-C4948 however the unit has dual power supplies and is running the Enterprise...

smhughes55 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes