Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have a 2811 router with two  CAB-OCTAL-ASYNC cables(16 cables in all) connecting to 14 devices(routers & switches), which i set up as a terminal server. I can connect to all the devices but, after about 3 weeks when i try to connect again to the...

Dear friends,Is PAGP recommended MEC option for VSS for L2 etherchannels? Or is "mode on" also ok to use?However, i am forced to use PAGP for atleast 2 L2 Etherchannels as i am using PAGP for dual-active detection.I am just thinking if i can use the ...

Hello all,I have Catalyst 3750-E and need to use the object tracking.  When I configure the object tracking on the Cat3750-E, I found the message as belowsaying "% Attempting to exceeded list size limit"-------------------------------------Switch(con...

Hi,I have some ospf problem, the attachment is network diagram :1. SW1 is in area 02. SW3 & SW4 are ABR ( area 0 & area 1 )3. SW1 have connected network 10.1.1.0/24, 10.1.2.0/24, 10.1.3.0/244. SW2 is new switch, it also configure as area 0. it have c...

Dear friends,I am just making a config script for a vss switch.Is it necessary to say a no shut on the port channel while creating a port channel on two physical interfaces?I am already including a no shut on the physical interfaces in my script.I am...

Hello, how does ospf find out if neighbor is directly connected or not. Can ospf form neighbor with nondirect router for all network types say point-to-point.  OSPF uses mcast address 224.0.0.5 and 224.0.0.6 so it looks like ttl 1 is what causes dire...

nedk12345 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm using 2 6509 in VSS (version s72033-ipbasek9-mz.122-33.SXI2a.bin)EV-SRGI1&2-6509-1#sh switch virtual roleSwitch  Switch Status  Preempt    Priority  Role     Session ID        Number         Oper(Conf) Oper(Conf)         Local  Remote---------...

Hi Guys,I am having an issue connecting two pairs of VSS switches.I have set up a port channel as follows on Switches 1 and 2int port-channel 200ip address 10.x.x.1 255.255.255.252Int Ten 1/1/1channel-group 200 mode desirableChannel-protocol pagpInt ...

Hi all, first post, and i suppose i better say noob alert, lol, well, kind of, i'm doing my Honours year at uni for Networking and System Support.Anyway, for my Honours project i'm doing spanning tree enhancements in small LAN's, which i have to do i...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card