Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

According to the attachment, I am running OSPF between CE2 and PE2 and the rest of the switches bgp. mpls LDP enable between PE's. The routes in the VRF's on CE2 (VRF1/VRF2) i need to advertise in to the global routing table on PE2 so i can get those...

On a 6513 running 12.2(18)SXF5 I am getting the following errors in the log:May 23 15:09:11 edt: %MCAST-SP-STDBY-6-GC_LIMIT_EXCEEDED: IGMP snooping was trying to allocate more Layer 2 entries than what allowed (15488)This is getting repeated over and...

jdclingan by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've noticed in my L2 2960 Cisco switch that you can configure a VLAN by typingg in (from global config mode):vlan #orint vlan #My question is, why is there these two options?I can assign a name to my VLAN when i type in vlan 20name (name)but not whe...

I've been looking around for a tool that will allow me to backup configurations of all my network devices (switches, routers, firewalls, access points, and bridges - IOS) and also allow me to push out commands to all of them or a selected subset of t...

baileja by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a couple of 6504/Sup720 switches as my DC distrobution layer. All links are L3 /30 links. Only one of the links is showing any dropped packets, and that is a link on a 48-port 6748-TX blade set to gig speed. It is connected to a gig port on a ...

jkeeffe by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a stack of 3 Catalyst 3750 (WS-C3750G-24TS) switches. The second switch in the stack started to reboot randomly several times a day, causing complete chaos on the network. There is no indication on what is going wrong. I see no crashlog file ...

dmitrysev by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm using a stack of two 3750 (one 3750G-12 and one 3750-48). This stack is connected to a 6500 via a 1000SX link (SFP). This link is a .1Q trunk. If I use a port on the first switch (3750G) I have many input error, 0 runts, 391 giants, 0 throttles...

Everytime we trunk VLAN-s on any of HWIC-4ESW ports, problems like VoIP conversation get disconnected very shortly after being established, VPNs that get routed through those virtual, VLAN interfaces on that router don't get established, there are a ...