Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am working at a Customer Site that has a large Cisco switch fabric.The customer purchased a Linksys switch model SRW224G4 recently and has asked me if we could hook this up to be part of our switch fabric.I took a look at the configuration paramete...

I know that Cisco recommends to set aside a management VLAN just for itself because you wouldn't want your management IP address on a production VLAN because if for any reason that VLAN cannot be communicated across, then you can no longer connect to...

I have been reading up on best practices for VSS and I keep coming up on the recommendation to not use only the Supervisor ports for the VSL. I'm trying to figure out why this is.It's my understanding that it the Sup fails, the chassis will go down....

Hello everyone,I've got a few questions re 877W:- I want to make sure that 12.4(24)T is the latest and the right one for 877W- the 877W should support PPPoA (for UK broadband) but I've got there only PPPoE - do I need additional ADSL firmware (eg ads...

Hi,I have a 4506 Sup V with 2-24 port ethernet modules adn want to provide redundancy via HSRP (since 4506 only have one sup). I know the configuration part for HSRP, but I'm confused with the physical part of the design.I'm going to get another 4506...

wdiclo by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have two css 11500 series , we need to configure in HSRP mode. So that if one fails second will automatically take over. Like PIX is it required to be configured like active and failover mode with stateful or stateless mode of failover. Do we ...

Hi I have a 3845 with a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1. My T1 was working but we hade to remove a wic card and a DSP to install it in another router. Since we made that change our T1 does not come up. We erase the configuration that was in it and configure the ro...

f.gouger by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi! Well, just month ago we obtained new 5510 SecPlus (we just testing it fro now) and now I read that with ASA 8.2 is recommended 512 MB DRAM and probably we need to purchase memory upgrade kit (available from June).(1) Have anyone ideas how much it...