Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,we need to add a new switching module into a running catalyst 4506 currently has one free slot, and add six (6) WS-G5484 GBIC modules into this switching module.My question is can this be done while the switch is powered on? or it has to be done w...

tianlu008 by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If the e0.1 and e0.2 interface of a router has an ip add of 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.2.1 respectively both having subnet masks of 255.255.255.0, and this e0 port is connected to a switch, what should vlan1(management vlan) ip add be? What subnet shoul...

I configured a router to perform NAT to allow outside traffic into an internal web server that only accepts connections on port 443. Here are my configs (ip addresses have obviously been changed): interface FastEthernet0/0ip address 10.32.15.102 255...

I'm working on a military network so this scenario might seem a little odd, but I have had concerns brought to me by higher-ups about what device would be the best.Current we have a 100Mb incoming connection from the SDP router, our edge device right...

JeremiahL by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Is there a way to monitor individual switch member in a stack? I mean like putting ip addres and using an icmp monitoring tool to monitor them 24x7?What is the message in the log (and level) if one of the member switch fail? Will the same mess...

Danilo Dy by VIP Alumni
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Our network managment system is consistently reporting a reoccurrence in performance degradation on a nightly basis. Our core/dist layer is 2-6506E and access layer is 2960G's. Between the 10:20 pm and 10:30 pm CST, RTA for the same multiple device...

Hi!I am getting this error on Cat 4003;%SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Invalid traffic from multicast source address 6f:f0:ac:1e:22:19 on port 2/8.Can anyone provide me soluion.Thanks in advance.Regards,

rohitk by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

G'day to all,I am setting up DHCP on a Cisco 837 and a Cisco 1841. Id like to know if its possible to give the client PC's 2 IP's each from different subnets. One range will be 172.16.x.x and the other a public IP range 136.x.x.x.Ive looked and asked...

I have connected a router to a switch with all the necessary configurations enabled. The ethernet port has no physical ip add only the subinterfaces has an ip add with different subnet masks with encap dot1q with its corresponding vlan no. specified...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card