Views
Helpful
Replies

BUG ID:CSCts29063 %ADJ-3-RESOLVE_REQ: Adj resolve request: Failed to resolve

vodafonecennoc
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

We have faced the the following error on one of my cisco c7609 router with code Version 15.2(4)S4a.

%ADJ-3-RESOLVE_REQ: Adj resolve request: Failed to resolve

Pls let me know the reason and impact due the perticular BUG.

regards

Gaurav

24 Replies 24

DJX995
Level 3
Level 3

I encountered this problem on my 3750X when I upgraded to 15.2.2E

I worked around the issue by filtering the log:

logging discriminator NoLog mnemonics drops RESOLVE_REQ_FAIL
logging console discriminator NoLog
logging monitor discriminator NoLog

logging host ipv6 XXXX:XXX:XXX:XX::XX discriminator NoLog

divanko
Level 1
Level 1

I was running into the same issue and came across this website: http://mrncciew.com/2013/07/27/suppress-a-syslog-msg/

With a little tweaking from FratianiD's suggestion I got this to work with IOS 15.0(2)SE6:

logging discriminator DropLog severity drops 3 facility drops ADJ mnemonics drops ADJ-3-RESOLVE_REQ
logging buffered discriminator DropLog
logging console discriminator DropLog
logging monitor discriminator DropLog
logging host 192.168.1.80 discriminator DropLog

Gordon Fecyk
Level 1
Level 1

I had this happen too, on pairs of 3560-X switches running 15.2(2) IPBASE, but only if I was servicing one of the switches in the pair. Turning off CEF optimization per instructions stopped that.

Turning CEF optimization off also turned off a side effect from several SF200 switches in the same network. With CEF optimization enabled, the SF200s would complain about duplicate IPv4 addresses from the MAC addresses of the 3560-X switches. This made no sense to me, as the switches have completely different IPv4 addresses:

Local7.Notice [sf200's host name] %IPADTBL-N-IPDUPLICATE: Duplicate IP address [sf200's IPv4 address] from MAC [3560-X's MAC address] was detected on VLAN 1, port gi2

Turning off CEF optimization stopped this, too.
--

stayd
Level 1
Level 1

In spite of this 8 mounths ago created discussion, I have to tell this bug is still in new software, which was released in December for switches like 3750-X and so. The version is 15.2(3)E.

I did not configure any port-channel, as it described in BUG, it appeared imeadetly after upgrade & reload to this version. It is confusing that any 15.0.X(SE) or 15.2.X(E) trial releases for these switches like 3750, 3750-X, 3650 and 3650-X are still not confirmed as Known Affected Releases, so I do not mention the fact there are not any trial releases in Known Fixed Releases.

It is absurd that Cisco is releasing new software with bugs, which are 8 months old ! I hardly could even understand it, it is confusing and demotivating.

You can use "ip arp incomplete enable" to prevent logging incompleted arp requests.

Can you please explain it ? How does it connected with the bug and did you mean to use command "ip arp incomplete enable" instead "No ip cef optimize neighbor resolution" ?

Hi,

I am running -WS-C3560X-48P, 15.0(2)SE10a version and was getting the same error.

After applying - no ip cef opt neigh resol i am not getting this error but getting a new error - 

Jan 30 13:40:50.123 SA: %PLATFORM_UCAST-4-PREFIX:  One or more, more specific prefixes could not be programmed into TCAM and are being covered by a less specific prefix, and the packets may be software forwarded.

Anybody can advise.

Take a look at this document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12-2_40_ex/release/notes/OL13929.html

Error Message    PLATFORM_UCAST-6-PREFIX: One or more, more specific prefixes could not 
be programmed into TCAM and are being covered by a less specific prefix

Explanation    A more specific prefix could not be programmed into Ternary Content Addressable Memory (TCAM) and is covered by a less specific prefix. This could be a temporary condition. The output of the show platform ip unicast failed route privileged EXEC command lists the failed prefixes.

Recommended Action    No action is required.

On which hardware platform can one execute this command ?

At platform WS-C3750X is not possible as you can see:

sw(config)#ip arp ?
  gratuitous  Gratuitous ARP control
  inspection  Arp Inspection configuration
  poll        IP ARP polling for unnumbered interfaces
  proxy       Global proxy ARP configuration
  track       ARP Track configuration

Hi,

we have upgraded IOS to recomended version:

Cisco IOS Software, C3560E Software (C3560E-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.0(2)SE11, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3) @ WS-C3560X-48

and have the same issue:

Oct 16 10:47:23.513: %ADJ-3-RESOLVE_REQ: Adj resolve request: Failed to resolve X.Y.X.11 VlanZYZ
Oct 16 10:47:30.802: %ADJ-3-RESOLVE_REQ: Adj resolve request: Failed to resolve X.Y.X.52 VlanZYZ
Oct 16 10:47:45.968: %ADJ-3-RESOLVE_REQ: Adj resolve request: Failed to resolve X.Y.X.5 VlanZYU

After issued command:

no ip cef optimize neighbor resolution 

we don't get this logs anymore. 

Question: Is there is any impact after issuing this command?

Kind regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: