Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have configured DHCP snooping on a WS-3560G-48PS running IOS 12.2(58)SE2 ipservicesk9 variant.When I enable DHCP snooping clients don't get IP addresses, when DHCP snooping is disabled, everything works fine.In the debug output (client on g0/32,...

I get error message when configuring the key of the Tacacs server on the Cisco Catalyst 9500, first used the Password Type 7:WARNING: Command has been added to the configuration using a type 5 password. However, type 5 passwords will soon be deprecat...

Have an ISR 4321. IOS xe version isr4300-universalk9.16.06.06.SPA.binRouter reboots Several times a day. Console output at the moment of reboot:*Jun 5 12:46:20.680: %CPPHA-3-FAILURE: SIP0: cpp_ha_top_level_server: CPP 0 failure Stuck Thread(s) det...

Multicast within a vlan not workingHi I have a 3850 switch with vlan 18 that I want to enable multicast on Off this witch I have a couple of 2960 stacks (3850)interface vlan 18 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0ip pim sparse-mode!ip pim rp-address ...

Is Cisco Network Assistant still being supported? If it is supported, where do I find support?With current version 5.9(9.1), I can select save configuration, a green bar shows progress but there is no backup file to be found either in the backup loca...

techcoora by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am wondering if someone can help me out as I am having a heck of a time grasping how to get this setup on this Cisco SG350 switch. I have 2 VLANs 130 & 150 that I would like to segment any type of Layer 2 traffic on each VLAN, one will be part of a...

I'm trying to get DHCP snooping to work correctly.  The network clients are able to receive addresses from the DHCP server (2811 Router)  with no problem ,  but the DHCP snooping database bindings are not being entered in 2960 Cisco switch. I need  t...

Hi all,I'm having problems starting DHCP snooping on a 6509 L3 switch. This is the configuration:switch#sh ip dhcp snooping Switch DHCP snooping is enabledDHCP snooping is configured on following VLANs:306-307DHCP snooping is operational on following...

Hi I have 2x WS-C2960X-48LPS-L running 15.2(2)E7 IOS. I've noticed random interface flapping in the logs and I am not sure what else to check. I followed articles in here with similar issues with no luck. This is just a short snippet of the recent lo...

rudimocnik by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Cisco Experts,I am struggling with the following issue and I would be thankful, if anyone can help me.The module WS-X4624-SFP-E is not Supporting with the Catalyst 4506 Switch with Supervisor 6-E. But it is working perfectly with another Switch...

motiar by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I configured the DHCP Server on my Catalyst 3750G switch to use a DHCP database (text file)?  Can I assign static IP Addresses to the devices on my network by editing the DHCP Database text file (#1 below) or it better to do it by creating DHCP sub p...

tnayak by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Subnetting

Hi dears  I am weak in sub-netting so  please cal calculate for me My requirement is Vlan10 require host  360 VLAN 20 require host 250 VLAN 30 require host 200 VLAN 40 require host 200  VLAN 50 require host 200 VLAN 60 require host 120 VLAN 70 requir...

I am seeing this logs on my switch and its pretty straight forward on what it means %SPANTREE_VLAN_SW-2-MAX_INSTANCE: Platform limit of 128 STP instances exceeded. No instance created for VLAN350 (port Gi1/0/10).Now in our case we are running multi-v...

Hello, We have run into an ARP problem with our private vlan and need to implement dhcp snooping and DAI for that specific vlan and I need some help with the configuration guidelines as it's a little vague in some areas.  Once I get the DHCP snooping...

c-wyman by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, When connecting a host with 2 ports to 2 nexus switches the ports are added to a port-channel and the port-channel is added to a vpc Now when connecting 2 nexus switches to another 2 switches (other nexus model or other switches), does the same a...