Views
Helpful
Replies

C9200-24P unknown error message at initializing

Clem58
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We are installing new Cisco C9200-24P, it is working good but when it's initializing it shows this error :

TAM PCR0 Update Failed with rc=250

Do you know what is it and if it needs to be solved ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- The bug report states that it is not a hardware issue, I understand  that as  something that can be ignored.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYIhttps://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwb81497

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Many thanks Marce, so what does that mean, do we need to upgrade/downgrade the bootloader or we can keep it and just ignore this error ?

- The bug report states that it is not a hardware issue, I understand  that as  something that can be ignored.

M.

Great, many thanks for your quick help on this, Marce !

mario.jost
Level 3
Level 3

We have the same issue on our switch and tried to do a firmware upgrade to 17.09.02 but this did not fix the issue. The bug report says that this has been fixed, but this is clearly not the case. No workaround and no fix. Ignoring the issue is not a professional way to go on about this. The switch need around 15min to boot, as it is "hanging" on this step for about 10min. Did you ever find a solution for this?

2022-12-23 08_57_14-Unbenannt - Paint.png

Hello, 

I'm having the same issue and I've found that upgrading to v17.3.6 fixes this, I've tried and tested this on 3 9200s all success.

You seem to be right. I just wanted to downgrade our affected model to 17.3.6 so see if this helps. I connected a console cable and rebooted the switch one last time to create screenshots from before and after the upgrade but the error was gone. i am 100% sure that the error was still showing during the boot process after upgrading to 17.9.2. So maybe the microcode upgrade fixed it. Thanks for your reply.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card