cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300 switch reset to factory

NetAdminMBC
Level 1
Level 1

So, got a brand-spankin' new Catalyst 9300.  Racked it up, connected to console port with PuTTY, booted the switch.  Went through the basic configuration script.  When it was done, I tried to enter enable mode and found I couldn't - evidently, I fat-fingered the password. 

I don't care about the config that's on there now- it's easily re-creatable.  I'd like to erase the startup config and start over, but I can't seem to get there.  Is there a procedure document somewhere that will tell me?  I vaguely remember, with older switches, breaking into the power up routines and erasing the config from flash.  Is that still possible?

18 Replies 18

After following this procedure, I can not get my switch to load the config.  I have 2 switches in a stack and tried the CFG=0 on both but they still boot to the switch> prompt.  Any other suggestions?

Easiest factory reset I've ever done.  I also added the write-erase cmd just for my sanity. Thx!!

Rathof1
Level 1
Level 1

To completely wipe the switch, boot as normal and enter factory-reset all from switch> after you confirm twice, it will boot you into rommon and from there you will need to load the OS on there. After that, you can configure the switch as normal.

I face the same problem , I set CFG=0 (IHAVE ONE THIS 9300 ONLY) , AFTER config and save config, The switch always prompt load in mode switch>. repeat again how to exit and boot normal mode?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card