cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't SSH/Telnet to Switch or Ping connected AP, but PC is reachable

Sean Grubb
Level 1
Level 1

We have a remote site that gets its connection from the core via router. The router connects to the switch and there is a PC, Printer, VOIP device and WAP connected to the switch. The phone can call out and the PC can connect to the internet, but for some reason I cannot connect to the switch or get the AP to connect to our controller. The router can ping the switch interface, the AP, and everything else and it shows the gig connection as UP/UP, but I can't seem to get to it.

This apparently just kind of happened all of a sudden, though I suspect someone may have done something. The user that called me said he had to swap ports on a couple of devices but I would hope he knows better than to mess with those connections.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could have changed an ACL , you need to check the switch

try get him to put a console on it connect to his local desktop and share his screen so you can access it , if you have not sorted it already

I replied up above but just wanted to say thanks for the direction. I plan on going out there soon and connecting via console to get a look at the switch configuration.

nurbol555
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

It seems like you forgot configure access to your switch, it can be you forgot configure line vty, or login and pass on line vty, maybe it's ACL blocking somewhere, i can't see configuration and can't say correctly whats a deal for this problem, only suggession it's try to connect to switch with console port, if you can't see problem you can show as configuration

Thanks for the replies! I am going to check a few things remotely if I can this morning and then head out to the site and connect via console port. I don't know what would have changed and obviously I can't remote in to check it so until I physically get there and connect to it I won't know much. I'll update this when I find out.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card