Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VSS supported line cards

HI All,

According to the VSS Arch whitepaper ( http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps9336/white_paper_c11_429338.pdf )

Supported interface modules that can coexist within a Cisco Virtual Switching System-enabled chassis include all CEF720 modules (WS-X6700 series).

There are not any POE modules currently in the 67xx line cards. If I use the config tool, I am able to add the 61xx or 65xx POE cards.  Is this a supported configuration or not? Will there performance take the generic lower performance rule, or will it follow the VSS rules where the line card will be denied power?

Anyone have a firm answer on this? I've been scouring CCO for a week and can't seem to find a definite answer.

thanks!

Chris

1 Reply 1

Matthew Blanshard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Chris,

If the switches are in VSS mode then you can only put in 67xx cards which don't have any poe support.  If you put in a 61xx or 65xx cards then the cards will not be powered up.

-Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card