Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi guys Not sure where this falls under.Here's the scenario:  We have a mail server that needs to send out bulk emails to internal and external addresses. Sometimes, the mail server would need to send a lot of emails in one burst, so to speak, and I ...

Hi everyone:If I have several servers connected to one switch, and those servers all have an application component on them that uses multicast to communicate with each other, what would the requirements of that switch have to be? Would it have to be ...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to purchase a Smartnet contract for a WiSM card plugged into a 6509 and can't figure out which WiSM module serial number is correct. The P/N for the card is WS-SVC-WISM-1-K9. When I log into the 6509 and run 'sh idprom all' I get the foll...

I'm trying to upgrade a 1720 router Flash carad. I bought a16MB card for it. If i place the card in and try to boot, it boots to ROMMON1. Tried the confreg proceudre and all, but still couldnt boot. I booted the router with the old flashcard and it's...

scottford by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have an SLM2008 Smart Switch(running ver 2 firmware) in a small network with file/media server, router and several PCs. It replaced a generic 8-port 100MB/s unmanaged switch. Main reason for changeover was to get access to 1GB/s speed.The SLM2008 is ...

ianc by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey all,I need to upgrade the ios in three live standalone 3750 switches.The current ios is c3750-ipbase-mz.122-50.SE2 but I need to upgrade it to support ssh.I'm thinking about c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-50.SE2.bin. Does that sound right?So all I need to...

Hi ExpertsI have cisco 6509 with the following modules.The issue i am facing is that the LR optics are not lighting up.As per the software advisor i tried the following software images.The SR modules within the same chassis works.The issue is there w...

ariyer2003 by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Switch#show processes cpuCPU utilization for five seconds: 10%/0%; one minute: 14%; five minutes: 13% PID Runtime(ms)   Invoked      uSecs   5Sec   1Min   5Min TTY Process 219  12291030811139841997       1078  0.47%  5.51%  5.66%   0 REP LSL He...

I saw a similar post about high CPU on a 2960. They said the CPU is high until they telnet then it drops back to normal, well our issue is opposite.When we telnet, Console works fine, to the switch the CPU goes right up to 100% and it stays that way ...

burleyman by Level 8
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings.Our network setup looks like this:ASA 5510 --->> E0/1 (1841 ISR) E0/0 --->> Catalyst SwitchWe've recently added an ASA 5510 to the network to replace the old hardware firewall. We have multiple VLANs setup on E0/0 of the 1841. I've attempte...

Can someone tell me how to setup a SPAN (mirror) session on a 4507? Everything I read/understand is the command should be set span while in enable mode. This does not appear to be the case for our 4507 running  cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-40.SG.binI...

My C4503 was lost track of the Username and Password. I boot from ROMMON. Tried to use confreg 2142 to skip password but it also not works.I entered to ROM monitor and activated the command Clear Configuration All. This caused me cannot boot normally...