cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cross Stacking with Catalyst 9300 switches

abbasali5
Level 1
Level 1

Does 9300 support stacking across different models such as 9300 Mgig, 48 UPOE, 48 POE+ can be stacked together or the stackwise stacking requires the exact some model?

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Yes, any of the models can be stacked together. Please see the Data Sheet, paragraph Platform Details as beneath:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/datasheet-c78-738977.html

The Catalyst 9300 basic stacking rules are as follows:

• Up to 8 Switches can be stacked together using back stacking cables
  • All 9300 models are supported in the stack
  • All the switches in the stack should run the same IOS and License

Best regards,

Antonin

Hello,

is the cat 9300 has built-in stack module an is it provided with stack data cable & stack power cable?

Thanks for your help

Hi,

Yes, the stack module is built-in and the cables come with the unit.

HTH

Hi Reza,

Thanks for your reply

But are you sure ?

Because finally  i founded Cisco CCW and when i check this model the cables are not flaged IC (Included Component)

Another question :

I'm new with Cisco HW so i don't understand the new rules of the licencing.

Cat9300 must have a Cisco one Advantage licence to work or can it be ordered with embedded IOS only like old Cisco HW?

And Cat9300 can it work in standalone or must be managed by the new Cisco NDA (like Nexus 9000) ?

Actually you cannot stack any 9300 together: you cannot mix modular up-link(C9300) with fixed up-link(C9300L).

If all switches are either with modular up-link or all with fixed up-link then you can stack them.

Mind that for StackPower you can only have 4 switches sharing PSU. Multiple power stacks can co-exist in the same data stack.

For adding more than 4 switches in a StackPower then you need an additional appliance: XPS-2200

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mixing 9300L with 9300 switches, which obviously is not possible.

Rest all should work as expected.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card