Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco Catalyst 9300 support meraki SFPs MA-SFP-1GB-SX

Hi 

Does the catalyst C9300-48S-A switch support meraki SFPs MA-SFP-1GB-SX

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

redinho2007@yahoo.com its not supported officially. check below compatibility list.

https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?npf=76&npid=1822

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

Hello redinho2007@yahoo.com,

Cisco switches generally support third-party SFP modules, and many users successfully use non-Cisco SFPs in their Cisco devices. However, it's important to note that Cisco officially only supports the use of Cisco-branded SFPs in their devices, and using third-party SFPs may void warranty or support agreements.

Meraki SFPs are specifically designed for use in Meraki networking equipment. While they may be compatible with other devices, their use in non-Meraki equipment might not be officially supported by Meraki or the other equipment manufacturer.

In the context of Cisco switches, if you are using Meraki SFPs in a Cisco switch, it's crucial to check Cisco's compatibility matrix and documentation for the specific switch model. Cisco may not officially support the use of non-Cisco SFPs, and using them might have implications for support and warranty...

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

redinho2007@yahoo.com its not supported officially. check below compatibility list.

https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?npf=76&npid=1822

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi Kasun

Thanks for your reply, i know that its not listed on the optic compatibility matrix

But i  mean can the meraki sfp considered as a 3rd party sfp, because i beleive cisco switches supports 3rd party sfps

Hello redinho2007@yahoo.com,

Cisco switches generally support third-party SFP modules, and many users successfully use non-Cisco SFPs in their Cisco devices. However, it's important to note that Cisco officially only supports the use of Cisco-branded SFPs in their devices, and using third-party SFPs may void warranty or support agreements.

Meraki SFPs are specifically designed for use in Meraki networking equipment. While they may be compatible with other devices, their use in non-Meraki equipment might not be officially supported by Meraki or the other equipment manufacturer.

In the context of Cisco switches, if you are using Meraki SFPs in a Cisco switch, it's crucial to check Cisco's compatibility matrix and documentation for the specific switch model. Cisco may not officially support the use of non-Cisco SFPs, and using them might have implications for support and warranty...

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

M02@rt37 thanks for your reply, its clear

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

i've used cisco brand fiber SFP in a meraki MX and it worked.

but i haven't tried the reverse, i.e. use a meraki SFP in cisco switch.

if you've got a spare MA-SFP-1GB-SX, try to insert in cisco 9300 spare slot, check if it's detected in "show inventory", patch an RJ45 cable and connect to an adjacent switch/router port to see if it goes up.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card