cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Edit BGP AS number

vinit mishra
Level 1
Level 1

How can be edit the pre configured BGP AS number using DCNM in Fabric without removing the configuration or removing the Fabric. 

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have created Fabric in DCNM with BGP AS number 65534 but now i need to edit this BGP AS number as 64911 to make the iBGP with some other L3 device which have BGP configured with AS 64911. 

So as i understand you looking to replace BGP with new BGP number, that will be Service intruptive, so where ever you have old AS replace with new, at the same time - peers also required to change new AS number.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

How can be replace using DCNM. When i am trying to edit the BGP AS number from Fabric setting in DCNM its trying to create new BGP AS but not replacing old.

I will check your require 

Hello,

You can tell the BGP process to use another AS number besides the global AS number, usually used for migrations.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_bgp/configuration/xe-16/irg-xe-16-book/bgp-support-for-dual-as-configuration-for-network-as-migrations.html

-David

vinit mishra
Level 1
Level 1

I have created Fabric in DCNM with Nexus 9K BGP AS number 65534 but now i need to edit this BGP AS number as 64911 to make the iBGP with some other Nexus 5K device which have BGP configured with AS 64911. Once all services migrated to 9K from 5K we will decommission the 5K.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card