Replies

how to clear Cat 3850 QoS Counter

HOLGER ALIX
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

does anybody know how to clear the Counters for

show platform qos dscp-cos counters <int>

All other QoS related counters ("show policy-map" etc.) are cleared with "clear counters...", but not this one...

Thanks for your ideas!

Holger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

It might be like some 3560/3750 counters, which only clear with a reload.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

It might be like some 3560/3750 counters, which only clear with a reload.

WILLIAM STEGMAN
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a clear qos command available on the 3850?  It's in the 4500.

no, this command isn't available

only a "clear counter <int>" or "clear platform qos stats <client | ssid" but nothing to clear the port DSCP-COS Counter. On older plattforms use the "clear / show mls qos ... statistics"  to troubleshoot incoming DSCP/CoS issues. Now we are back to the good old "comparing counter-screenshot" way...

But thanks for your feedback anyway!

Holger

Sukhbir Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

These counters are cleared upon reload, however, you can clear the queue stats for "sh plat qos queue stats gi1/1/1" command.

clear platform qos queue stats gi 1/1/1

Please rate this post if it was helpful.

Thanks

Sunny

Hi Sunny,

no the "clear platform qos queue stats " clears only the queue stat but not the counters for in/egress COS/DSCP Values (show platform qos dscp-cos counters <int>)

I've checked your advise with IOS XE3.3.1

But thank you anyway !

Holger

Hello Holger,

Counters for (show platform qos dscp-cos counters <int>) commands are cleared upon reload of the switch. I just tested it on my C3850 lab switch.

Hope info was helpful.

Regards,

Sunny

Yes, reload clear the counter...

But it's not an option for a real network 

Since this output is not software based (software polled) thus the only way to clear hardware based counters is to reload.

AFAIK....There is no CLI based command which can clear hardware based counters.

AFAIK 'clear mls qos interface statistics' used to do exactly the same - clear hardware registers with qos statistics. I don't believe that it is impossible to reset whatever HW registers or counters may exist. After all, it's microprogramming... you can do whatever you want as long as design and engineering was done properly.

Really, I miss 3750s, Cisco had to develop this platform rather than 3850s, which will not even support their CA anymore in the near future... marketing and engineering fail for the converged access.

Can't clear QoS counters, can't export netflow via Mgmt-vrf, can't send SNMP traps via Mgmt-vrf, can't this can't that :)

I tried "clear counters xx" on catalyst 9500 and it works.  

Hi Holger,

I've testet on Cat3850 running IOS 16.3.5: "clear platform hardware fed switch active qos dscp-cos counters interface ..." will work

regards

~chris

I half expect someone to come back at you with "well if you were redundant".  LOL

Well said...  Not an option.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card