Helpful
Replies

OSPF routing and connected route question

benoit.petry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem to expose you.

I have a core switch that is a member of an OSPF area.

The neighbors of this switch are two provider routers in the same area OSPF.

Today after a migration, the provider has set up a route to the core switch in 10.160.0.0/16

The problem I have is that the core switch redistributes these routes own corresponding connected to each VLAN.

Example: 10.160.90.0/24 - 10.160.250.0/24 - etc ...

Do you know if there is a way to not to redistribute the connected routes into OSPF? Because it is useless in the OSPF because the route 10.160.0.0/16 is sufficient for all VLANs

Sincerely,

Benoit PETRY

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Petry,

You can use the passive interface concept to stop redistribution on specific interfaces.

To stop routers from becoming OSPF neighbors on a particular interface, issue the

passive-interface command at the interface.

In large enterprise networks, many of the distribution routers have more than 200 interfaces. Configuring passive-interface on each of the 200 interfaces can be difficult. The solution in such situations is to configure all the interfaces as passive by default using a single passive-interface default command. Then, configure individual interfaces where adjacencies are desired using the no passive-interface command.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Please rate if it helps.

Hi,

the passive interface in OSPF will prevent the adjacency but it won't prevent the interface where OSPF is enabled or which

fit a network command to be advertised to other neighbours as far as I know.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: