cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overrun errors on Etherchannel Interfaces

lwn-nenzing
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with overruns on my Portchannel to a VMWare ESX-Server. Does anybody has an idea from what this can come?

I had pauseoutputs on another interface, and since i activated Flowcontrol, its good. I tried this here too, but still same

Hardware is a cisco 6506 with sup70 and on the 6548-GE-TX Module are the errors

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

bond12345
Level 1
Level 1

As far as my views are concerned it can be due to overutilization on the the channel interface or the buffer may be full.Still i am trying to find out the exact cause.

Regards

Ashish

lwn-nenzing
Level 1
Level 1

I just found on the Cisco page a link where its written that the Module WS-X6548-GE-TX is recommended not for Etherchannels. Can this be the reason why i have that much overruns?

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/193.html#ASIC

Thats certainly interesting , will have keep that in the back of the brain as we have some of these cards in our environment .

I noticed the same overruns and got stuck in my search for information.

Here is my initial post on the matter:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.1ddc07e0

--Leon

lwn-nenzing
Level 1
Level 1

I connected over the weekend a server who had overruns to a WS-X6748-SFP with the Copper SFP module. Flowcontrol i switched completly of and configured the interface to 1000 full

In general i got errors on this server when the backup runs.

Today in the morning i checked the interface and no errors was on the interface.

Now i wait for the WS-X6748-GE-TX Module and then i know if this was the problem for the Etherchannels to VMWare too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: