cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Recovery on Cisco Catalyst 3750 (Stacked)

it.jaypee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I need the complete details on how to recover the password of our master switch. i don't want to lose the configurations of the other stacked members. I just saw the details on how to make it on a single switch however, for my scenario it's different because it's our production switches. I hope someone can help. Thanks.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In the stack master switch all teh control information, if that fail all the information available on slave  switch.(its same copy of master)

the procedure same if you lost the information, you have no work around in place to login you need to follow the recovery proceedure with careful steps mentioned below to change the password. ( especially step 10-14)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/12040-pswdrec-2900xl.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi sir, i will try and reply here once i successfully recover the password. thank you so much.

carefull with configuraiton and input your feedback.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The switches are in a stack, correct? 

Then it is easy: 

1.  Break the stack and remove the last switch member from the stack. 

2.  Power down the switch and REMOVE THE STACKING CABLE. 

3.  Perform Password Recovery

Hello

@balaji.bandi is correct -Unfortunately you'll probably need to drop the whole stack and perform a password recovery on the master switch then bring the stack back up.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card