cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Forwarding on a Cisco 1700 Router

coppertrail
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working with a Cisco 1700 Router. I need to establish some static port mappings. I am able to telnet into the router, can enter enable mode, and then conf mode.

My question is: How do I add a static port mapping. From the research I've done, I need to use the following command:

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.0.8 80 10.17.214.6 200 extendable

The reason I'm using port 200 for the outside IP is because I have 2 mappings that are going to port 80 to two different machines in the inside.

I've tried to enter the command from config mode, but it's not showing up in the config after I run the sh conf command.

Thank you in advance . . .

24 Replies 24

Edison - I followed your last suggestion and didn't get the error. But, I don't think the command is being added to the configuration.

Dhaval - I agree with you there, so I'm going to use port 80. But, do I also need to add an access list entry so that all IP traffic is permitted through to the .217 IP address, because there's currently a line in the ACL that allows all IP traffic into the .218 address.

Also, what is the exact command to disable the ACL? That may be why the command isn't taking.

Thanks!

>>>>>>>>>>>

Edison - I followed your last suggestion and didn't get the error. But, I don't think the command is being added to the configuration.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

So the command isn't showing in the config when you type 'show run' or the NAT isn't working ? Please explain.

It was indeed accepting the commands into the runnning config. I entered the translation, wrote the changes to memory, and I can now access the 10.0.0.8 box remotely.

Thank you all for your help, I have learned a great deal from your posts!

Hii edison,

if the nat statement is done correctly in the config mode, then after u save it should show the statement in the config when u issue a

s run command from the priv mode.

Yes.

coppertrail

yes i am agree you has to allow traffic for port number 80 for your webserver.

and for testing i refer to disable all ACL from you and the command is-"no ip access-group [acl number] in"

let me know as you finish..

Regards,

Dhaval Tandel

Hello, and thank you for your prompt replies. Before I post the config file, I'm going to post the last session where I went into enable mode, then config mode, and then tried to enter terminal monitor mode.

If you need to see the config after wards, I will modify and post it. Thanks again!

Username: admin

Password:

WRPM_1720>enable

Password:

WRPM_1720#terminal monitor

WRPM_1720#config

Configuring from terminal, memory, or network [terminal]?

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

WRPM_1720(config)#terminal monitor

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

WRPM_1720(config)#t mon

% Ambiguous command: "t mon"

WRPM_1720(config)#term mon

^

WRPM_1720(config)#

The command 'terminal monitor' is executed in exec mode, not config mode.

#terminal monitor

not

(config)#terminal monitor.

Edison - When I'm in Terminal Monitor mode after entering priveleged mode, I still receive an error.

Username: admin

Password:

WRPM_1720>enable

Password:

WRPM_1720#terminal monitor

WRPM_1720#$ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.0.8 80 10.17.21.2 2001 extendable

^

WRPM_1720#

rajinikanth
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Try to enable this command

terminal monitor at config mode

and then try to add the static nat and check for any error messages on console.

Using terminal monitor command u can see the messages of console when u connect via telnet to a router.

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card