Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I am new to cisco products and was wondering if somebody could tell me or lead me in the right direction on what cisco products i would need for my project. Here is the situation:Building A and building B are 20ft apart. There will be 10 offices i...

rcfosta26 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have a issue with dhcp clients communicating with DHCP server on windowds 2003.Layer 3 switch is configured with IP helper to forward request to DHCP server on 152.153.238.0 /24 subnet users can get IP address from dhcp server when they are ...

nivas143 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All, i am still new to the CISCO World.i have a question regarding VLANS & really i want you to explain to me if i was correct or not ?---------------------------------------The Question is :-if i have Cisco Switch 3560 Series, and this switch i...

mmtantawi by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a cisco 1601 router. I'm trying to reset the password over the console port, but I'm having some trouble, I've never done this before. I'm trying to follow the directions in a pdf I found, but the router is saying the config-register command d...

I have a cisco 1601 router. I use a linux shell often, but I've never used a serial console port before. I get the basic idea of it, and made a cable to connect the router. my problem is, I've got the computer connecting to the router, but once it fi...

I am using Cisco 831 at many smaller remote offices with DHCP. What is the best way to both monitor and control access on the 4 fastethernet ports. Is there a way to secure all of the ports with a MAC address security, etc so only certain machines ...

OK currently the network is setup as follows:Zyxel SHDSL Router --> Linksys Router --> 10/100 Switch --> PC's x.x.x.145/28__________x.x.x.146/28____________________192.168.1.0/24The Linksys router is running inbound one-to-many PAT (eg. x.x.x.1...

N_Martin by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I replaced a bay switch with a cisco 2950 and The 2950 has an IP address on VLAN 1 but I can not tracert to it or I can not telnet into it. All the traffic seems to go through it. Is there a setting that I am missing? Thanks sorry but new at this.

I want to build a network - private network. I have 80-90 sites with up to 14 hosts on each site. The hosts comunicate with a server. Not much trafic. Can I use a couple of 2924-XL-EN to connect the sites together? And from the switches a connection ...

ttkmm by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am installing a 2801 with an HWIC-4ESW-POE and IOS version 12.4(3d). I don't appear to have the ability to configure the HWIC ports from SDM and I am questioning whether it must be done using the Command Line or do I have an IOS issue. I am seeing ...

hey Guys What commmand would I use to view the current IP addresses being use. I'm having a problem with IP address conflicting.Please note this is the fist time I'm working with a Cisco router. I have the proper access to get to the router. Thank ...

hey Guys What commmand would I use to view the current IP addresses being use. I'm having a problem with IP address conflicting.Please note this is the fist time I'm working with a Cisco router. I have the proper access to get to the router. Thank ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card