Views
Helpful
Replies

Query regarding SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Support on C9300X-24Y-A

asipmulla009
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I'm in the process of network planning and am considering the Cisco Catalyst C9300X-24Y-A switch for our infrastructure. Before finalizing, I wanted to clarify the transceiver compatibility for this specific model.

Can anyone confirm how many SFP-10G-T-X transceivers are supported on the C9300X-24Y-A?

If there are any official documentation or datasheets that provide this information, please share the links.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why not get an additional C9300X-NM-8M instead?

Leo Laohoo,

Thanks. I agree that we can use the C9300X-NM-8M, but my intention is to connect 16 ports of 10 gig copper to this switch.

@asipmulla009 wrote:
but my intention is to connect 16 ports of 10 gig copper to this switch.

What a waste of good money to buy a 24-port SFP switch if a majority of the ports are copper.  

How about getting a 9300X-24HX instead?  

Include 9300X-NM8Y if there is a requirement for SFP+.

@asipmulla009 hi

This switch have 24 ports at base model and can add more modules too. In base model you can use 24 x SFP-10G-T-X and more depends on the uplink module you use. 

check this for more details

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/nb-06-cat9300-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi Kasun Bandara,

Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, a 10-gig copper transceiver consumes 2.5W of power at 10 gig speeds and 1W for 100/1000 Mbps. I came across a document for the 9500 Series that clearly states support for only 8 10 gig copper transceivers. So, my question is: does the 9300 Series have any hardware limitations concerning the 10 gig copper transceiver?

Dear asipmulla009 

I also have this question too.

Do you have the answer for the limitation for the SFP-10G-T-X on the C9300X-24Y ?

Best Regards,

Michael

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card