cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP alert for CPU over 80%, 60%

snarayanaraju
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All - I am trying to configure my SNMP server (Solarwinds) to get alert if the Cisco Routers/Switches hit 80% CPU as Critical Alert and 60% as High Alert

We use MIB "CISCO-PROCESS-MIB" for achieving this

Do we have separate MIB / OID for each and every threshold. How the Solarwinds will know the CPU has reached 80%? Do Cisco Router/Switch send a separate MIBs for every threshold values?

regards,Sairam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@snarayanaraju : Hope you got what ever you are looking for !

Regards
Inderdeep Singh
www.thenetworkdna.com ( Awarded by Cisco IT Blogs award 2020)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Thank you Inderdeeps - I too read this article. Thanks for sharing.

The question for which i need your help is, do we have a separate MIB/OID values for each CPU threshold values?

@snarayanaraju : This is the one used as MIB for CPU utilization. I would say if you want to find, check from the below tool, you will get to know if any other available or not. Good Luck !

https://cfnng.cisco.com/mibs 

@snarayanaraju : Hope you got what ever you are looking for !

Regards
Inderdeep Singh
www.thenetworkdna.com ( Awarded by Cisco IT Blogs award 2020)

Thank you  Inderdeep Singh

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if you are using NPM / Orion, why not setup from device SNMP Trap, so Solarwinds can sent alert email

or

you directly setup from solarwinds : (solarwinds use standard MIB, if you have not found MIB you can download from csico site and add MIB so Solarwinds can recongnise and poll using MIB and OID.

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/How-to-create-a-High-CPU-Utilization-Alert-in-NPM?language=en_US

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you Balaji and Inderdeep Singh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card