cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP alert for CPU over 80%, 60%

snarayanaraju
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All - I am trying to configure my SNMP server (Solarwinds) to get alert if the Cisco Routers/Switches hit 80% CPU as Critical Alert and 60% as High Alert

We use MIB "CISCO-PROCESS-MIB" for achieving this

Do we have separate MIB / OID for each and every threshold. How the Solarwinds will know the CPU has reached 80%? Do Cisco Router/Switch send a separate MIBs for every threshold values?

regards,Sairam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@snarayanaraju : Hope you got what ever you are looking for !

Regards
Inderdeep Singh
www.thenetworkdna.com ( Awarded by Cisco IT Blogs award 2020)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Thank you Inderdeeps - I too read this article. Thanks for sharing.

The question for which i need your help is, do we have a separate MIB/OID values for each CPU threshold values?

@snarayanaraju : This is the one used as MIB for CPU utilization. I would say if you want to find, check from the below tool, you will get to know if any other available or not. Good Luck !

https://cfnng.cisco.com/mibs 

@snarayanaraju : Hope you got what ever you are looking for !

Regards
Inderdeep Singh
www.thenetworkdna.com ( Awarded by Cisco IT Blogs award 2020)

Thank you  Inderdeep Singh

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if you are using NPM / Orion, why not setup from device SNMP Trap, so Solarwinds can sent alert email

or

you directly setup from solarwinds : (solarwinds use standard MIB, if you have not found MIB you can download from csico site and add MIB so Solarwinds can recongnise and poll using MIB and OID.

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/How-to-create-a-High-CPU-Utilization-Alert-in-NPM?language=en_US

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you Balaji and Inderdeep Singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card