cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

srr-queue bandwitdh limit 90

Adnan Razi Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Is this command rate limit the traffic passing through switch port.

srr-queue bandwitdh limit <10-90> enter bandwidth limit for interface as percentage.

If I want to pass 9 mbps traffic through a switch port what command i will need or if i need 22 mbps then what value i should use.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As @balaji.bandi correctly describes it set as a percentage of port's physical bandwidth.

BTW, I recall (?) sometimes there were hardware limitations (platform and/or port specific) such as not supported on every port or percentage wasn't exact.

For exact bandwidth enforcement you might use a policer, but excess is dropped unlike the port queueing excess.

On a FE port, if you wanted 9 Mbps, you run the port at 10 Mbps and use a value of 90.  For 22 Mbps, you run port at 100 Mbps and use a value of 22.  Again, you may find actual bandwidth allowed isn't exactly as specified.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per the information there is no exact model of the switch or IOS code mentioned, as per label it says cat 2K switch :

10-90 is the % of the interface.

example if it is fast Ethernet 100MB

9MB means 9% of 100MB (neared is 10MB)

reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12-2_55_se/configuration/guide/scg_2960/swqos.html?bookSearch=true

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

As @balaji.bandi correctly describes it set as a percentage of port's physical bandwidth.

BTW, I recall (?) sometimes there were hardware limitations (platform and/or port specific) such as not supported on every port or percentage wasn't exact.

For exact bandwidth enforcement you might use a policer, but excess is dropped unlike the port queueing excess.

On a FE port, if you wanted 9 Mbps, you run the port at 10 Mbps and use a value of 90.  For 22 Mbps, you run port at 100 Mbps and use a value of 22.  Again, you may find actual bandwidth allowed isn't exactly as specified.

Adnan Razi Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Switch is 2960x by the way. so for 22 mbps should be as below

srr-queue bandwitdh limit 22

speed 100

For 9Mbps

speed 10

Adnan Razi Khan
Level 1
Level 1