Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching issue

Azeem Dawood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I dont know what kind of problem is this but it is very wierd and brain hammering.

I have a 1 Access point (cisco 1200) connected to our core switch 6509E and 2 more are connected to access switch 3560. sometimes there are many drops when i  ping the access point connected to my core switch and i face the same drops for the other access points as they are not even connected to core switch.

The same time i checked the cpu utilization it is very low and i can continously ping core switch as well as the access switch without any drops.

i checked the interface on the core switch where this access point is connected there are lots of ouput drops and keeps on increasing. i have even changed 2-3 switch ports to fix this issue but the result is same.

After some times it becomes normal automatically. i checked the switch logs as well there is nothing to crack the root cause. and when it becomes normal all the access points pings continously.

what is this problem?? is there anyone who can help me??

Regards,

Azeem

3 Replies 3

vaib7av.shirkul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

# Check physical layer using cable-diagnosis tdr command on both.

# Is it poe switch? if yes then check its getting correct power.

# Is there ACL on 6500 or 3560?

Hi Azeem,

I had faced same issue in past.

Please check the end device connected to the AP are affected by virus or not. In my case, I found lots of viruses on end devices connected to wireless AP. After removing the virus all operation became normal.

Regarsds,

Krunal  

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check speed and duplex between AP and 3560 .  Both ends must match or you have a duplex mismatch.  Reccomendation is to leave both ends set as auto/auto .    If one side  is hardcoded on either the ap or the switch and the other is auto you will have slow reponse and traffic drops.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card