cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Third party mounting to work around longer switches

stonent01
Level 1
Level 1

We've started getting in the 9300-48UN switches that are several inches longer than the 48P switches we had been getting. (UN switches are UPoE and 5Gb/s, 48P switches are just gigabit PoE+).
Now we're hitting rack limitations where a rack is 24" deep and the switch is 22.5" deep but there's not enough room for cable bundles in the back for the patch panels.

In some cases we can flip the ears around to get a few inches but some cases it then sticks out too far in the front and we can't close the rack.

What I'm looking for is to accommodate mounting in racks that are not enclosed, some kind of rack ears that move the mount point even further back so the switch sticks out quite a bit more in the front but has room in the back.

Honestly It would be nice if Cisco made sliding rails for the Catalyst switches where the distance could be adjusted but still use a 2 point mount.

If nothing else I might ask if our metal fab shop could custom make some rack ears for me out of sheet metal.

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This not an stadard request i suggest to contact local vendor to make specific for you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card