cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Verifying the md5 from a new IOS(-XE) image

Harrie Hendriks
Level 1
Level 1

Where I can find the MD5 checksum, generated from Cisco for a new IOS image so that I can verify the output what I found with the verify /md5 command.

For example:

verify /md5 (bootdisk:s2t54-adventerprisek9-mz.SPA.151-2.SY10.bin) = 89fdada50cad5414b0d1062b4589feec

But where can I find if this is the correct checksum.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Find the attached screenshot for reference.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Find the attached screenshot for reference.

cas037
Level 1
Level 1

This is not helpful.  The question is WHERE on Cisco's webpage do you find the correct hash's?  WHY does Cisco make it so hard to find the correct md5?  It's so important for IOS upgrades and they make it impossible to find the correct codes.

First you need to have a partner account with Cisco, which allows you to download IOS images. Then you click PRODUCT and follow up all the way till you find the IOS you want (or use google, type: Cisco IOS download); pretend you want to download one, hover on it and it will show you a pop up with its valid MD5, which you can copy and paste for comparison with the MD5 of the file you have.

Basically: if you somehow got hold of a dodgy IOS image and you don't have a Cisco partner account, they don't let you verify if it's a corrupt file or not.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card