cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B2B Expressway 488 error

martyn.rees
Level 4
Level 4

Have got a new Expressway set up that is having issues with outbound calls that are receiving 488 errors when the call is placed from an SX20 out via a SIP trunk from the CUCM (10.5) to the Expressway C, and then through to the expressway E.

When the call is placed you can see it in the call logs on the expressway C & the E as a failed call with the error of 488 Not acceptable here. When looking at the traces from CUCM there is also a 488 not acceptable media that shows up immediately following the first 488.

The test URI that I am using is just test@webex.com 

Are there any suggestions on where further to dig down on this and what a possible cause might be?

7 Replies 7

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Are there any other test URIs you could try? I "think" WebEx needs a minimum of 2Mbps call. 

Please rate useful posts.

Ahh interesting.

I did try loopback.sip@cisco.com and received a 404, which then made me start questioning if there was another issue as well?

Are you sure that is valid? Try: loopback@rtp.ciscotac.net

Hmm, I think I have a problem somewhere still, as when i call loopback@rtp.ciscotac.net I get a "302 moved temporarily" back

I think that should be ok (302 message that is), did the call connect? 

No, unfortunately the call still failed.

Dalton-Covene
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martyn,

There is an issue on the expressways in which the Traversal Zone must have H.323 enabled or else calls will fail with a 488 Not Acceptable Here message.  Does your Traversal Zone have H.323 enabled? 

Hope this helps someone else in the future! 

Regards,

Dalton Woolsey