Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco E20 problem

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Dear Experts

I have a problem for E20 which is working fine with cisco IP phones  . When i do a call from Cisco E20 to digital or analouge phone then i disonecct the phone lines it is still connected for Example I made a phone call from Cisco e20 to Any Digital phone and I disconect from Cisco E20 but Digital phone shows call is connected and ringing  ) for ( digital and analouge phones) and the name of the caller ID is not  displayed. For Cisco IP phones , it is working so fine with digital and  analouge phones and the name is displaying . Please i need a help , because i do my best without any results

Thank you

Islam Kamal

26 Replies 26

Hello experts any help please

Islam.kamal,

If I could make a suggestion - whenever you are troubleshooting any IPT issues - you must detail the following information so folks can have any chance of understanding the issue:

1.  Calling Party

2.  Called Party

3.  Timestamp

4.  Precise symptom description

Regards,

Amir

Hello

RAVI & Amit , please waiting for help.

thank you

Hey Islam,

Assalamu Alaikum. Hope you're doing well. Well before we start reviewing the logs, I would recommend that we try to narrow down the issue. From your description, we can see that the calls which are made to the endpoints registered directly to the CUCM seem to be working as it should. The only problem comes when you try to call an endpoint registered to your PBX. If that's the case, then you could be running into two issues:

• Issue on MGCP gateway
  • Issue on E1 trunk -Ericsson PBX

Are both these devices registered to the CUCM? If yes, do you have a SIP trunk added to them? I think you should try to troubleshoot the issue on the CUCM SIP Trunk as it looks like the issue is not on the E20 but one of the devices listed above. Also what about when the IP Phones try to call the digital phones on your PBX? Do you get the same issue? Please analyze the following and let us know.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar

TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

we Alykm al-slam we rhmt allah we brkato

Nice to see you again , my problem is E20 only all other phones are working ok . Only E20 when dial digital phones i found  1- delay in hung up the call  2- problem when you end the call. I do not have a sip trink , i have only  E1 trunk between CUCM and Ericsson PBX, that is all. I hope to help me Mubashshir.

Thank you

Hello

any ideas

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Islam,

Unfortunately these logs are also not showing anything related to the issue , it does shows a local disconnect however nothing further.
Though it could be the issue not at the endpoint I would like to ask if an upgrade to the codec can be performed to the latest te version

Thanks
Ravi kr.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hello

Thank you  , do you think the problem E20 device?. May be it needs an upgrade

Thank you

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Islam,

E20 to be problematic chances are very less
upgrading the would be a good move to see if that makes any change.

Let us know the result.

Thanks
Ravi kr.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks Ravi

Good support , of course i will inform you.

Thank you

we always recommend to upgrade to the latest and greatest software release as those versions have many reported bugs fixes as well as many new features. Since the whole platform move forward together meaning if VCS can support a new functionality in the upgraded version, it does not mean E20 or other devices can benefit of newly introduced feature in VCS by staying in old software version. so if you are not sure whether it's a bug causing the error or the faulty behavior is as result of software misconfiguration, you are always welcome to open a TAC case.

Thanks Ahmed , i will try S/W upgrade . If it is not ok , i will open a Cisco TAC.

thanks again