cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco room kit mini auto reset once a week.

Hi, 

Does any one know if its possible to add a script that makes the Room Kit Mini restart once a week?

Regards

Mathias 

10 Replies 10

Very likely you should be able to achieve this with a macro on the device. I have no suggestion for how to craft this macro, but with a little bit of search you should be able to to find the API documentation and it should contain the needed information.

Response Signature

This link should be able to get you started.

Response Signature

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Maybe xCommand https://roomos.cisco.com/xapi/Command.SystemUnit.FactoryReset/? . test and play first locally

Response Signature

Looks like you can use this command to restart it: xCommand SystemUnit Boot Action: restart, Force: true

Only need to find a way for it to do it once a week. 

Matteo Battista
Level 1
Level 1

I've managed to "develop" (thanks to the documentation) a script, via-Macros, that:

> reboot the CiscoRoom (of one of our customer) every Friday (at 9pm);

> and send Webex-Message (to me).

I hope it can help; Ciao!

I attempted to use this script, but keep getting a compile Error when I upload the macro.  Points to line 35| const friday = 5.  Do you see anything wrong with this?  Also, Do you know what it should look like if I want to reboot everyday?

33 |
  34 |     const token = //https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/roomdevices-macros-samples/blob/master/Library%20-%20Send%20Webex%20Message/README.md
> 35 |     const friday = 5;
     |     ^
  36 |     //sunday=0;monday=1;tuesday=2;wednesday=3;thursday=4;friday=5;saturday=6
  37 |     const rebootTime = "06:00";

The error is not with the "const friday = 5" line, it is that there is no token provided after the "const token =", the rest of that line is a comment, so there is nothing being defined as the token. 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

If you want a Daily Reboot script - take a look at roomdevices-macros-samples/Daily Reboot/DailyReboot.js at master · CiscoDevNet/roomdevices-macros-samples · GitHub

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Matteo Battista
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mgriff,

I'm attaching:
- a procedure ("configuration_scheduled-reboot.pdf"), written by me, which you can follow;
- also, the n.2 scripts-files(txt);.

Regarding the everyday-reboot, mmmhh...I think:
- you can (spartanly) copy the "reboot" function and paste ut for each day;
- alternatively, you can write a for/while cycle.

Let me know.
Have a Great Day;
Ciao,
Matteo

natalie.bennett
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mgriff, I'm wondering why you need the codec rebooted weekly?  I'm exploring to see if anyone is having output issues same as I am.