cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Touch 10 devices (and required hardware/software)

jeremy.denney
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I searched but was unable to find a similar question.  My team has recently purchased two Cisco Touch 10 devices (TTC5-09).  I am a networking guy, but not familiar with video/audio conferencing equipment.  They purchased just the devices and associated software.

From reading the Touch 10 pages, it seems that there may be some additional hardware/software that is required.  I'm assuming this is some kind of centralized management, but am not certain.

My question - Is it possible to use these devices connected directly together (by way of LAN switch and placing them on the same VLAN)?  Or is additional hardware required?  I noticed the page has an asterik and says that it "requires third-party control processor".

Any advice welcome.  They had intended for these to just be point to point devices, only two of them.  If there is a way to avoid additional hardware that would be great.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tomas_vll
Level 1
Level 1

The touch-10 are remote control units for videoconfrencing endpoints ( so called Codecs). The touch-10 needs to be connected to a codec. Do you have Codecs? (Room kits, SX10, SX20 e.t.c) ( Between two codecs you can do point-to-point calls without aditional hardware, provided they can pass trafic between them)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

tomas_vll
Level 1
Level 1

The touch-10 are remote control units for videoconfrencing endpoints ( so called Codecs). The touch-10 needs to be connected to a codec. Do you have Codecs? (Room kits, SX10, SX20 e.t.c) ( Between two codecs you can do point-to-point calls without aditional hardware, provided they can pass trafic between them)

I don't believe so, unfortunately this was not a technical request given to me - just equipment handed to me after the fact.

I'll dig through their POs and find out if they had anything additional that was purchased.

Thank you.

What are you trying to accomplish with the Touch 10's? As Tomas mentioned, these devices are simply for controlling Cisco video endpoints. They do not have any functionality by themselves, they have to be paired to a Cisco endpoint to have any functionality at all. 

I found that they had also procured the sx10's that went with them.  After some research and playing around with them, I was able to get them to work.

Thank you very much for the assistance.

asri.zainal
Level 1
Level 1

The Touch 10 can be a powerful tool however it doesn't do it on it's own.

With it linked to a VC Codec, you can program in-room controls using macros, HTTP commands.

As others mentioned, unfortunately it's just a frontend display, the backend(or the brain) is the Codec that you need to pair it with.

Without this, the Touch 10 is just a shiny paper weight.