cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect Tandberg C60 to the Microsoft Teams for video conferencing

Cekic
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Tandberg C60 video conferencing device and I would like to connect it to Teams.
How do I do this? Is there any free solution for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nothing free; that thing is ancient and belongs in the recycling heap.

The only option I can think of is a CVI solution such as Cisco’s Video Integration for Microsoft Teams. Synergy Sky also has a solution targeting older SIP endpoints.

It will need to be on TC7.3.11 to support TLS 1.2 though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nothing free; that thing is ancient and belongs in the recycling heap.

The only option I can think of is a CVI solution such as Cisco’s Video Integration for Microsoft Teams. Synergy Sky also has a solution targeting older SIP endpoints.

It will need to be on TC7.3.11 to support TLS 1.2 though.

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Newer systems that support WebRTC can connect to Teams meetings using that, but a C60 is way too old for that. The only way you can join a teams meeting with an old device like that is with CVI - Cloud Video Interop. The is basically a gateway service that allows SIP video calls to join Teams meetings. More info here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/cloud-video-interop

Yes, I have heard about Cloud Video Interop, but a partner should be chosen, one of which is webex. Which partners are good for Tandberg?

They should all work. I think BlueJeans might be going away (not sure), one of my company's partners uses Pexip and I can dial into Teams meetings and it works perfectly. The C60 supports SIP and H.323, as long as the solution is standards based and you can dial a URI you should be able to connect. As Jonathan mentioned though - that system is a dinosaur.