Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 touch screen is unresponsive - CSCus38877

ogaldona
Level 1
Level 1

Conditions:
Due to hardware issues with the touch controller calibration causes the screen to be unresponsive and can cause phantom touches on the screen.

The phantom touches is what is bugging me since it keeps bringing up the voice menu over and over again. After the upgrade to 8.3.1, two of the three DX80's have this issue and is very distracting. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a new workaround besides having to unplug HDMI and rebooting every time?

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus38877/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only time I experienced the pahntom touches was when the screen was very dirty from greasy fingerprints.

If you device is constantly doing this, even after the reboot, then, as suggested in the bug reference you linked, the best solution is to RMA the unit.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

35 Replies 35

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Conferencing community is for Cisco Webex Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products and is not observed by DX80 experts. Let me move this post to Telepresence community that supports the product you are using.

-Dejan

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only time I experienced the pahntom touches was when the screen was very dirty from greasy fingerprints.

If you device is constantly doing this, even after the reboot, then, as suggested in the bug reference you linked, the best solution is to RMA the unit.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Where do I take the unit to get this fixed and how much is it for the fix?

ogaldona
Level 1
Level 1

I am having to RMA the device. No cleaning would clear this up. Thanks.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

As a workaround, you can open the unit and disconnect the touch controller.  The touch controller is directly under the HDMI connectors and has 4 ribbon cables going to it.  You can disconnect the 4-pin cable at the top of this board which runs to the main board.  This disables all touch control but allows you to use the unit with mouse/keyboard.

That’s great news now but I ended up selling it after not being able to fix issue. Thank you for your help anyhow:)

Just to update everyone in case people come across this in the future, it doesn't look like the CE code supports keyboard/mouse control.  So you'll have to stay on Android if you want to disconnect the touch controller.

This is the touch controller part number- 

SiS9250B0GAX3+SiS9203-LGE 23''_V04

Having problems finding these online anywhere shipping to the US.

We got many DX80 units on the same issue,and no service so cannot RMA. Is there any clue we can fix the issue by hardware DIY ?

SiS9250B0GAX3+SiS9203-LGE 23''_V04

The part is only $10 I can purchased locally, if sure can fix the issue by change the part I will try.

The bug details mention a calibration issue so it's difficult to confirm if a hardware replacement of the board will fix.  I may try to replace the board from a working DX80 to test that theory.

I've had some problems trying to find a local source for the board in the US.  Were you able to find the boards somewhere that ships to the US?

It looks to be the same board used in the LG ET83 touch screen.  I believe this is the screen Cisco used in the DX80.

I think the PCB can be shipped to US but but the cost of shipping is higher than it material cost, unless you purchase bulk of them.

hi, what is the part number / model number of the board you mention that it fixes the issue?

the part did not resolve the issue for my DX80. We had a second unit that came up with the same issue. Both required an RMA to Cisco to resolve.

Let me know if you the swap works and if you can source them in the US please.
Thanks,
Justin Ferello
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: