I am  Going to deploy Jabber guest Server in our Production
network
can u guys please tell me we need to advertised any srv record for jabber
guest deployement

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See the Ports and Protocols section of the Jabber Guest Install Guide starting on pg 30.  Because Jabber Guest calling is always outside in, it uses a reverse proxy to access your video network via your VCS Expressway or Expressway Edge server.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks For your reply

Please tell me we need to advertised any SRV or A records in external dns

Users will navigate to a webpage where you have the Jabber Guest plugin in place, or they'd click a provided link and it would send them to the VCS-E or Expressway-E to and using reverse proxy, communicate to the Jabber Guest server.

You'll need A records with associated FQDN pointing to your VCS-E or Expressway-E for Jabber Guest to use.  No SRV records are not needed.

Highly suggest you look over the install guide I linked to above, it has everything you need to set up Jabber Guest.

Thanks Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I have configured jabber guest deployement

but its not working can you please check atatched screenshots

after clicking the url he directlyy open expressway page

Did you setup your firewall to remap the incoming Jabber Video web requests on 80/433 to 9980/9443?

Hi For testing i opend all the ports

i have doubts  can you please clarify ??

we need to setup neighbor zone between

expressway-c --------- jabber guest

expressway e --------- jabber guest

expresswayc----- cucm

expresswaye---- expressway c = traversal communication zone .

Refer to the network topology on pg 25 of the deployment guide I linked to earlier for how the Jabber Guest server is supposed to be installed within your network depending on how your environment is setup.

It's only recommended to deploy Jabber Guest directly to CUCM in a lab environment to familiarize yourself with Jabber Guest.  Any other time, Jabber Guest should be deployed with Expressway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: