cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT, Polycom and PIX 520

better4it
Level 1
Level 1

Is there someone who could email me a guide to get this working? I need to setup basic un-secure access to a couple of external sites using polycom FX, Viewstation, and possibly a picturetel 760XL through a PIX 520. I've got dynamic NAT setup but still no joy. I'm not sure I need the higher functions of MCM/gatekeeper but perhaps this is necessary?

TIA

7 Replies 7

sachon
Level 1
Level 1

You need the higher functions of Cisco MCM/GK to work in conjunction with PIX firewalls more elegantly. I'll forward the PIX video config guide under separate cover...

Can you send this paper to me too? patrick.hurley@sbc.com

sent in error

Mark

Can you send me this document to? sacarpenter@spro.net

mhayek
Level 1
Level 1

Keep in mind that the PIX only does H323 version 4 right now. And there are version of the Polycom Ipower , like 4.0.5 that use H323 version 4 and this is incompatible right now. ALso, the PIX will need a cersion of code that can read the H323 information in order to do NAT.

Just some gotchas to avoid.

I wanted to see if someone could clarify the statement above. It was my understanding that 6.2.1(x) of the PIX code only supported H323 version 2 and not version 4 which is what most Polycom equipment uses.

I had heard though that code base 6.2.2(x) was going to support the newer H323 version 4, but I cannot find anywhere to verify this. Does anyone know where to find the answer? THX

rsteed
Level 1
Level 1

Are you still having problems getting this to work? Cisco has a fix in the latest IOS that allows the newer versions of H323 in through the firewall. Before this was implemented you had to turn Fixup protocol 1720 off.