cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Roomkit, SX80, A certificate is about to expire. Please, update.

BW Dijk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,
At client’s sites and at our office we have several codec's, Roomkit, Roomkit Plus, SX80, that is giving a Certificate Expiration issue. I read the admin guides and tried to find similar issues online and here in the Cisco Community but could not find a solution to fix this issue.

Any one any idea?

PS: That is not an operational issue I know, but it is visible on the touchscreen, and I am getting questions. And users are getting nerves.

Best regards, Bert

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

BW Dijk already has figured out which certificate is about to expire!!! The self signed for HTTPS.

But there is no buton to regenerate it. You can only view it.

The good news is:

Just reboot the device and the certificate will regenerate during this process...

View solution in original post

BW Dijk
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for getting back very late.

The solution is indeed reboot the codec and the will regenerate the certificate.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

BW Dijk
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to mention the firmware version: ce 9.15.3.22

Have you checked what certificate that is about to expire?

Response Signature

Yes I checked, is for the WEB interface (HTTPS) of the unit.

If you’re using the standard self signed certificate it’s just to renew it on the device and if you’re using CA signed certificates you would generate a CSR on the device and have it signed by the CA of choice and then upload the signed certificate on the device.

Response Signature

All I can find about (self-signed) certificates, is that they request a hostname or domain, the codec has neither one, it just has a IP address and that is not even a fixed IP address.....

Any other tips or idea’s

I am unbale to delete the old expired cert. It is greyed out.. I need to generate a new CSR for CA signature. 

Go to Admin guide and refer the topic manage certificates.

Response Signature

On page 31 of the [D15374.15 Room Kit Administrator Guide CE9.14, OCTOBER 2020] there is a chapter regarding managing certificates.

>>> But not how to get a new one. <<<

That is my issue.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you log in to the web interface of the SX80 and go to the Security, then Certificates, you can see a list of which ones are on the unit.   You can click on the View Certificate button and see the expiry date - that will then let you work out which one has expired.  Depending on which one it is, and whether it's critical to your environment, you can make a choice as to whether you can just delete it, or whether you need to add a new one.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

BW Dijk already has figured out which certificate is about to expire!!! The self signed for HTTPS.

But there is no buton to regenerate it. You can only view it.

The good news is:

Just reboot the device and the certificate will regenerate during this process...

How do I delete it if it is greyed out.. How would I generate a new one?

The solution is to boot the codec and the will regenerate the certificate. Or instal a new software immage

Rebooting the Codec didn't work, so I am leaning towards a factory reset.. 

Did you ty to upload a new firmware file?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: