Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 No longer responsive to remote

paynec321
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have two SX20 units that no longer respond to the remote control.  We have power cycled both units and changed the batteries in the remotes.  I am able to make a call and control the camera remotely via the web interface.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are having problems with the remote control, check the following:

• Replace the batteries.

• Check the short range/long range -switch inside the battery compartment. If the remote only
works when held within a few centimeters or an inch of the camera, it is set to short range.

• Check that there is no Touch panel paired to the system. If a Touch is paired, the remote control
will be disabled. You can check if there is a Touch paired by going to Configuration -> Peripherals. If you see the information below, the system is paired with a Touch panel.

• Check that the camera is detected by the system.

• Check the Configuration -> Cameras and check that the IRSensor is set to On.

• Check Configuration -> System Unit and check that the IRSensor is set to Auto.

If nothing works you may need a replacement.

Manish

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are having problems with the remote control, check the following:

• Replace the batteries.

• Check the short range/long range -switch inside the battery compartment. If the remote only
works when held within a few centimeters or an inch of the camera, it is set to short range.

• Check that there is no Touch panel paired to the system. If a Touch is paired, the remote control
will be disabled. You can check if there is a Touch paired by going to Configuration -> Peripherals. If you see the information below, the system is paired with a Touch panel.

• Check that the camera is detected by the system.

• Check the Configuration -> Cameras and check that the IRSensor is set to On.

• Check Configuration -> System Unit and check that the IRSensor is set to Auto.

If nothing works you may need a replacement.

Manish

Thank you.  The IR sensor was set to off.  Not sure how that happened, but we are working now.  Thanks for your feedback.

-Christian

Hi Christian,

Good to know that its working, you can use the following troubleshooting guide as a reference for any such issues in the future

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc6/troubleshooting_guide/tc_troubleshooting_guide_tc60.pdf

Manish

Thank you for the resource!

"Check the short range/long range -switch inside the battery compartment."

Would like show me where it is? I can't find it.

TRC6     SX20 CE8.3.2

@zhaiyujia wrote:

Would like show me where it is? I can't find it.

TRC6     SX20 CE8.3.2

The IR Switch discussed in the previous posts was only relevant to the previous TRC5 remote.
I also note you refer to running CE8.3.2 on your SX20.  This software version is extremely old, end of support, and also subject to a number of security vulnerabilities - it's highly recommended that you update your device to a more recent software release - the latest software as of the date of this post for the SX20 is CE9.15.13.0

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.