Views
Helpful
Replies

sx20 sip registiration issue

kaan dagli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 4 SX20 video phone with multiway licences. Using Cisco call manager 8.6 on Center to register them with SIP.

There is 3 side location (A,B and C) connected to Center with ipsecVPN.

We can reach all side loacations and all phones can register normally.

The phones on locations A, B and Center can comminicate each other and can make video calls smootly.

But we have problem on  location C. Phone is registring normally we can check it on CUCM also but when we try to make a SIP call toward to location C, the caller can hear ring tone and there is a note on screen like " connecting call" .The call request appears on location C and he aswers but the caller is still on "connecting call" mode and still hear ring tone.The pickup request is not recieving to caller side.And receiver has same screen as caller that " connecting call" .So The phones are not connecting..

I have to specify that 2 detail;

* When we try to do H323 calls it works but SIP calls fails..

* And Location C try to make calls toward to other sides it fails suddenly..It dont say "connecting call" just fail wit " not connected call" and this request dont appear at other side

We do factory reset and upgraded to last version, also changed device with working one at other sides but nochance.

Now i have no idea what i am missing.What is the cause of failing with SIP calls on location C?

Thanks a lot for answers,

Kaan

5 Replies 5

Ashwani Pande
Level 1
Level 1

can you please share the xstatus , xconfig of site C on which you are facing the issue and any other site A or B which is working fine with both H323 and SIP?

Are you using Touch panel or remote control to make calls? 

Hi ,

compare configuration of working and not working units .If you find any diffrence then change it as per working config .

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

sagsheth
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

please check CSS, region and location setting pertaining to Site C in CUCM.

Regards,

Sagar

Can you check that you can ping directly between the endpoints? The call signalling and ringing will go via CUCM but media will flow directly between the endpoints, which could explain why you can see it ringing on each side but failing to connect.

Also, as stated if you have different region/CSS/PT settings on site C, try giving it the same settings as one of your working endpoints (or just do a super copy of your working one and change the directory number and MAC).

@Ashwani

Can you please share the xstatus , xconfig of site C on which you are facing the issue and any other site A or B which is working fine with both H323 and SIP?

Are you using Touch panel or remote control to make calls?

Using Remote Control

Xconfig and xstatus of site C are attaced.

A to B ,A to center, B to center call works with SIP and H323.

A,B,Center to C calls work with h323 but dont work with SIP.We hear just ringing tone. C to A,B and Center calls fail suddenly with no opportunity to start calls ( The connection between us looks like one way)

Nick Halbert-Lillyman wrote:

Can you check that you can ping directly between the endpoints? The call signalling and ringing will go via CUCM but media will flow directly between the endpoints, which could explain why you can see it ringing on each side but failing to connect.

Also, as stated if you have different region/CSS/PT settings on site C, try giving it the same settings as one of your working endpoints (or just do a super copy of your working one and change the directory number and MAC).

Yes i can ping between all sites

I am sure that device configs are same but i will use supercopy thing that u offer.Can u please explain how can i do this?