Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg C90 Installation

bobby.jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This is about Tandberg C90 Installation which will registered to VCS. Customer need to place the C90 inside the server cabinet beside to the meeting room. I would like to know whether its possible or not? Can we operate/manage the system from the meeting room as codec is away?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bobby,

There are number of way to control C90, from when it is located inside server cabinet.

To understand scenario where it is installed i will recommend if you can help us to know how installation is done, does camera is located inside of room, and from where you want to control C90.

As number of people mention about remote, if camera is located inside room, you can easly control camera and codec through steps provided by Mubashshir.

I would also recommend Cisco launched TC5.1.0, which have several control regarding camera and presentation, so it can be done through web interface as well.

If you have touch panel, that can be with the help of extended connection installed inside room, you can use that for controlling camera and presentation.

So I hope this information will help you.

Regards,

Vivek

View solution in original post

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Bobby,

Name is Mubashshir as opposed to Mubashir. You're welcome. You can try it at your convenience and let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Mubashshir

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

H Good Morning,

it is possible, but what is about the Camera Control Kabel and Micro and Speaker Cables? Where is the Camera,Micro and Speaker located?

If the cables are enough long from the Meeting Room to the Server cabinet? You should or need to pluged all cables to use a nice C90 Codec fully. For registration only it is enough , if you pluged the Network cable to the C90 codec, but if you want to use hole funktions like Videoconf. ect.. you need all cables to the codec

Thanks,

The meeting room is close to the server cabinet, camera control cable are long enough also the cable for display screen.

My concern was will the remote control will work if the codec is far?

Hi,

Basically the camera as well as the codec both have IR sensors. You can control the camera using its IR sensor and also the codec using the same IR sensor. For that to work, you can have the Camera IR sensor ON and Codec IR sensor Auto. Hence, the codec would receive the IR from the camera. To check the IR sensor settings on the codec, login to the console/telnet/ssh  of the codec, type :

xconfig //ir

When you hit return, it would show you all the sensor settings on your codec as well as camera. You can then just copy and paste and modify to turn the sensor off/on/auto.

In this way if you want to open menus on the codec and you have access to the display (not the codec), you can point your remote to the camera and open up menus and do about everything you want.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are you use a Touch Display ? Or Remote ?

The Remote Control is depend from the Camera. I guess that the Camera is not in the server cabinet. The Camera should in the Meeting room or not? If the Cam in the Meeting room, it should everything ok and enough

shkn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Boby,

Most times it won’t be feasible for the customer to operate the device from the CLI  and some times it might act as hindrance in day to day operations for the device. A Consultation with your Cisco presales team will give you a better understanding on this hosting.

Shyam

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bobby,

There are number of way to control C90, from when it is located inside server cabinet.

To understand scenario where it is installed i will recommend if you can help us to know how installation is done, does camera is located inside of room, and from where you want to control C90.

As number of people mention about remote, if camera is located inside room, you can easly control camera and codec through steps provided by Mubashshir.

I would also recommend Cisco launched TC5.1.0, which have several control regarding camera and presentation, so it can be done through web interface as well.

If you have touch panel, that can be with the help of extended connection installed inside room, you can use that for controlling camera and presentation.

So I hope this information will help you.

Regards,

Vivek

Thanks Vivek and Mubashir,

We going to have 2no.s of  12X Precision camera(left and right side) in the meeting room and the codec will be next to the meeting room, inside the cabinet.

As you adviced,will enable the Camera IR so that i could manage everything from the meeting Room itself.

Thanks again.

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Bobby,

Name is Mubashshir as opposed to Mubashir. You're welcome. You can try it at your convenience and let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Mubashshir

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar