Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS, CUCM and MCU

Hello,

One of our customers have an MCU5320 and it is registered with the CUCM as SIP. Also they have a VCS Control + VCS Expressway for internet calling. Now the customer is planning to buy Cisco TMS to manage systems and to schedule conferences. I am not sure if we can schedule conferences on the MCU which is registered with the CUCM only not VCS through the TMS. Or do I need to register the MCU with the VCS to do schedule through the TMS?

We want to do that because we don't have enough non-traversal call licenses on the VCS Control.

Regards,

Tufan                  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tufan,

If you register MCU with CUCM, you wil not be able to schedule conference through it. You can only use it for ad-hoc conferences.

However, If you register MCU with VCS , you can use it for both scheduling and ad-hoc confering of MCU.

However, if you go for TMS , your TMS can also monitor CUCM. I am not sure of the advantages though.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Saurabh

View solution in original post

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

You can Set your only Mcu as h323 and all conferences also as H323 and the default call protocol of the endpoint as Sip

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Tufan,

If you register MCU with CUCM, you wil not be able to schedule conference through it. You can only use it for ad-hoc conferences.

However, If you register MCU with VCS , you can use it for both scheduling and ad-hoc confering of MCU.

However, if you go for TMS , your TMS can also monitor CUCM. I am not sure of the advantages though.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Saurabh

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

You can Set your only Mcu as h323 and all conferences also as H323 and the default call protocol of the endpoint as Sip

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Rasim,

You said that I don't need to buy any non-traversall call licenses with this way. I can use traversal call licenses because all the calls would be interworking calls. Is that right? By the way can I use the TMS for scheduling with this way?

Regards,

Tufan