cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Scheduled? With Jabber

hsummons
Level 1
Level 1

Can I create a scheduled Muli-party conference in TMS - Booking the MCU resources (But No EndPoints)  So as to be able to have dial in users only. (with Pin) .

The MCU being set for say maximum partisipants (EG: 4 Video in Template) .  Users could be 4 Jabber Clients Registered to CCUM over sip Trunk.

OR perhaps 3 + 1 VCS registered.  ?

An Externsion to the question is have Outlook Via TMSXE book the conference (also via template I assume).

Thanks  (all latest Version TMS/VCS/8.6 CCUM and 5320 MCU)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul Woelfel
Level 4
Level 4

Depends on the scheduler you use.

If you use the normal TMS scheduler, you could add 4 video dial in participants to the meeting.

With the smart scheduler you can book real systems and add some dial-in participants.

With TMSXE you can also book only rooms.

I'm using a workaround for TMSXE with some customers:

You can add two dummy room systems, which have a URI like -do-not-route-room-1- and also sync them via TMSXE to a Exchange calendar. If someone books both this systems, a conference will be automatically added on the MCU, because TMS can't control this dummy rooms.

I would like to see a feature in TMS, where you can configure special mailboxes with TMSXE to add dial in participants, i.e. a room mailbox for 2 participants and one for 5.

Regards, Paul

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Paul Woelfel
Level 4
Level 4

Depends on the scheduler you use.

If you use the normal TMS scheduler, you could add 4 video dial in participants to the meeting.

With the smart scheduler you can book real systems and add some dial-in participants.

With TMSXE you can also book only rooms.

I'm using a workaround for TMSXE with some customers:

You can add two dummy room systems, which have a URI like -do-not-route-room-1- and also sync them via TMSXE to a Exchange calendar. If someone books both this systems, a conference will be automatically added on the MCU, because TMS can't control this dummy rooms.

I would like to see a feature in TMS, where you can configure special mailboxes with TMSXE to add dial in participants, i.e. a room mailbox for 2 participants and one for 5.

Regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

With regards to TMSXE and your comments, I would suggest you deploy  the Cisco form in the user environment.  When you create a conference from  Outlook, you can then add enough dial-in participants from the Cisco form. Then you would  receive a confirmation email including the dial-in method for third  party to dial-in.

rgds,

Dale

Hi Dale,

in most cases we can't deploy the form for Outlook, either because the customer does not allow it or we even have different systems using the outlook calenders, like Outlook Web Access, Linux or OS X client.

TMSXE 3.1 does not also use exchange mailboxes not as a room, but for special purposes like scheduling WebEx Meeting. It would be a really good feature to add dial-in ports to a conference via a mailbox.

Regards, Paul

TMSXE 3.1 does not also use exchange mailboxes not as a room, but for  special purposes like scheduling WebEx Meeting. It would be a really  good feature to add dial-in ports to a conference via a mailbox.

That's can be done using the latest and greatest Productivity Tool, i.e. ties Telepresence and Webex together now

And here's a youtube that somewhat discusses that 'tie up'...albeit SS is being discussed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sKs49ZVNuVM#t=383

not all customers are WebEx customers and as far as I know, the european WebEx cloud is not yet Telepresence enabled :-(

Regards, Paul

+1 for such a mailbox feature.

btw: it´s available on CTS-Manager: There you can define an VC endpoint, map it to a mailbox and if you add it to your booking, you´ll get the interop dial in info within the confirmation email.

Open an enhancement/feature request guys...if you haven't already done so

/dale

I haven't opened a feature request yet, but told Andrew Bell as TME for TMS at a partner event.

Regards, Paul

Thanks Paul. I've also had a chat with Michael McGary about this as well and we agree its a good idea but obviously needs some further thought. Therefore, and since this enhancement related, I'll let the Product Managers discuss further and then present the case to engineering

cheers,

Dale

Thanks Dale!

Regards, Paul

hsummons
Level 1
Level 1

Thnaks Paul and Dale. ..I agree with comment on TMS re rooms with partisipants limits (for Dial in)  . The MCU supports Max Video and max Voice per conference. Would be nice to have similar setting (TMS )when adding dial in users to a conference.  (or and yes it is TMSXE for scheduling as you guessed)

Also Have WEBEX Inhouse server in agenda - But its can't be intergrated either.