cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Zoom One Button to Push Join Meeting on Cisco Room Kit (RoomOS)

I have been tasked with figuring out how to get One Button to Push work for Zoom meetings on a Cisco room kit. I initially set up the Zoom Connector with Calendar integration. I can see the Room Kit connected in the Zoom admin portal, but one button to push does not work unless we enable Parsing SIP URIs in the calendar integration options. This works, but it has the unfortunate side effect of also giving users a Join option in Webex application.

I contacted Zoom support and they tell me RoomOS is not supported with the Connector, only CE. CE is not an option for us, we cloud register our Room Kits. Has anyone found a way to get OBTP to work for Zoom meetings on Cisco Room Kits running RoomOS? Ideally without using the SIP Parsing.

Thanks.

20 Replies 20

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

Hi AllI have integrated cvi and obtp with cisco webex cloud registered devices and MS teams.

When i create meeting on the ms teams app meeting information is appears on the emdpoint but there is no join button on the deceis ? what could be problem, Does anyone have idea about this ?

Thanks

dear did you get a solution we have same problem 

Hi Kabeern74

I was see that cisco partner interactive webiner, zoom and cisco will  integrate via zoom connector please check following url.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003126346-Using-the-Legacy-Zoom-Connector-for-Cisco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt_4a6vBfE0

Thanks

The latest os resolves this.

dboggs
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this helps but I created a speed dial for the home screen that searches the phonebook for the contact the Zoom Connector API places in favorites.  Once found, it dials into zoom, automatically identifies your unit as a registered CRC licensed user and then you just enter any meeting ID and passphrase - caveat, the host must make sure the passphrase is numeric only.

Issue - Zoom API constantly changes the uri for the Zoom contact it places in the "Favorites" directory.  I wanted to create a speed dial on the home screen for calling zoom with the uri set by the Zoom API. 

Why?  A number of reasons:

1 – If you dial into a zoom meeting and the host does not have a CRC license then the Webex units WILL NOT join audio and video.  Why again?  Webex units use Cisco Spark, WebRTC, h323 or SIP thus, we have to connect using h323 or SIP.

2 – You never know if the host has a CRC license or not and we must error on the side of user experience so we need to dial-in using our own Zoom CRC license each time to avoid pairing or other nonsense

3 – To dial Zoom using our CRC license, the user must go to “Call”, click favorites, and then click “Join Zoom Meeting”

• All quick access buttons are on the main tablet screen so having a one-off is not ideal.

A speed dial on the home screen is not a big deal IF the sip address or uri never changes however, Zoom’s CRC API constantly changes thus making a static speed dial useless.

Solution:  Create a speed dial that dynamically updates on the fly or as soon as the button called “Zoom-Call” is pressed.

Solution Steps:

Create a macro that searches the phonebook for a "SearchString:Zoom" matching part of the contact name found in favorites, find the contact, extract the uri and then dials the uri.

Attached are my scraps for this endeavor but could prove useful for future macros.

Here’s the final code that works!!

----begin code----

const xapi = require('xapi');

function callZoom(contact) {

console.log("Zoom contact found:", contact); // Log the Zoom contact details

// Extract the the contact details

const sipUri = contact.Contact[0].ContactMethod[0].Number;

if (sipUri && sipUri[1]) {

const phoneNumber = sipUri[1];

console.log("Zoom phone number:", sipUri ); // Log the extracted phone number

// Use the extracted phone number to initiate a dial command

xapi.command('dial', { Number: phoneNumber, Protocol: 'Sip'});

} else {

console.log("No Zoom phone number found.");

// Handle the case where the Zoom phone number is not found or does not match the expected pattern

}

}

// Only run when the home-screen panel-icon called Zoom-Call is clicked 

xapi.event.on('UserInterface Extensions Panel Clicked', (event) => {

if (event.PanelId === 'Zoom-Call') {

//Run a search against the Phone book - SearchString is most important here

xapi.command('Phonebook Search',

{PhonebookType: "Local", SearchString: "Zoom", SearchFilter: "People", ContactType: "Contact"}).then(callZoom);

}});

------END OF CODE---------------

Thanks so much for sharing, mush appreciated.