cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4.0(4) how to remove system message

pcobley
Level 1
Level 1

From one call handler, I call the opening greeting of a subscriber. I have recorded this subscriber's message in another language to say "Please leave your message after the tone". I have selected 'take message' as the after-greeting action.

However, when the Subscriber's opening greeting has been played, unity still plays it's system message in English saying "leave your message after the tone".

How can I prevent Unity from playing this system message ?

TIA,

Paul.

9 Replies 9

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The most common mistake here is your dealing with the wrong greeting - there are 5: standard, off hours, alternate, busy and internal. If the alternate greeting is enabled, it over rules all the others and plays no matter what. If the schedule associated with the subscriber says it's active (day) then the standard greeting plays, if not the after hours greeting plays. IF the call comes from an internal subscriber and that greeting is active then it will play etc...

The easiest way to test this is to activate the alternate greeting and record a greeting for it - you will then always hear the custom recorded greeting. Then you can figure out which greeting is currently triggering when you call the user and sort out the details.

Thanks Jeff,

I may not have made the symptoms clear.

My correct message is playing but tagged on after it is the system prompt which says "record your message at the tone. When you are finished hang up or hold for more options". It is this prompt which I would like to prevent from playing.

Thanks,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

were you able to make it work ?

one of my client would also like to remove this from playing. Specially since there are no more options available...

Let me know ! Thanks !

Alain

This is available in Unity 4.1.

In the Greetings page, there is a check box for

Do not play the "Record your message at the tone" prompt

You may want to upgrade to 4.1 or above.

Regards,

Anup

Check the language support before considering an upgrade to 4.1. When I last checked only US English was supported - not very useful in a Europe-wide install ! Though this may have changed.

Localized versions are available in the 4.2(1) release - 4.1(1) was a US English only release.

This is the official answer from CISCO TAC.

I understand that you would like to remove the default system queuing message from Unity: "Record the message after the tone, when you are finished, you may hang up or hold for more option."

if this is correct, if you are looking for a way to remove this, I'm afraid that this is not supported, this is working as designed and Cisco would not support any modifications to the default prompts.

NOW, THERE IS A WAY TO ACOMPLISH THIS IF YOU REALLY WANT TO.

what you would need to do is to open the port status monitor, start all ports make a call to desired subscriber or call handler and check what is the prompt unity is playing after the message, (you'll see the filename), once you know what the filename is you can search for it and once you know the location of the file please copy it to the desktop and you can replace this file with an audio file, (same type and filename), this audio file should be a 1 sec of silence file, this would do the trick, but please notice that if you upgrade you might need to do this again.

Salutations !

AL

Couple things here.

1. The TAC engineer you talked to is wrong. Unity 4.1(1) and later allows you to determine if this message is played on a per greeting basis. It also supports configuring the "I'll transfer you now" on a per transfer rule basis. If you'd like to forward me the name of the engineer who gave you that information, I'll gladly contact them and correct their understanding on this matter.

2. If you're running an earlier version of Unity you can check out this thread for how to replace the prompt in question with a blank prompt - as noted in the post above this change is wiped out on an upgrade and is not TAC supported:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB?cmd=pass_through&location=outline@^1@.eeaf10d/0#selected_message

regarding the statement "open the port status monitor, start all ports make a call to desired subscriber or call handler and check what is the prompt unity is playing after the message, (you'll see the filename)":

Is this information revealed by port status monitor ? I dont think i can get the exact filename. I also want to identify the after-greeting wav filename which customer want to replace by silent one or record one in Greek. Is there some other way? Any info would be greately appreciated!