Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a Route Pattern to a Line Group?

CiscoMesl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have an analog device which is patched into our Voice Gateway and has a dial peer using extension 444.

I have setup a route pattern within CUCM which points at the gateway for 444.

However I can't seem to add this Route pattern to a line group to be part of a hunt?

The line group seems to be just internal extensions but I need the route pattern of 444 to be in the same line group as two internal extensions?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Route Patterns are used for destinations that are 'off-ssytem' i.e. over trunks and so on.

Line Groups can only contain local lines on the system. This pretty much means only SCCP controlled lines, as CUCM is fully aware of the line state at all times.

If you want a port to be in a line group, you'll need to register it to CUCM as an SCCP gateway.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The gateway is setup as H323 and I don't really want to change that now.

We have some ATA adapters so will use one of those instead.

Thanks

you will need to keep the 444 dial peer in there in case you need to fall back to SRST.

(of course only is you control your analog port/card with SCCP), with ATA's that does not apply.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

sergio.serrano
Level 1
Level 1

you can do it like this

hunt list->Hunt Call Treatment Settings->Forward Hunt No Answer-> Forward Unanswered Calls to "your extension in your router"

also

Forward Hunt Busy->Forward Busy Calls to Destination